The Feeble Files Data Files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Robert de Vos

The Feeble Files Data Files

Post by Robert de Vos »

This has probably been asked/posted before, but i can't seem to find a list of the file requirements and conversion steps required to run The Feeble Files in ScummVM. Can anyone provide a link or list to the required game data files for me please? I've just purchased the game from the adventure soft website and received the 2 CD version from them. Thanks in advance!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

At our usual place. Also you will need to reencode SMK cutscenes into DXA format. See tools package as well as tool README.

Eugene
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Also, some of the data files are inside a CAB archive of some sort. The original installer should unpack it for you, though.
Robert de Vos

Post by Robert de Vos »

Thank you, i looked there some time ago and it hadn't been added yet. Thanks! :D
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Sorry... Is there a link to download those converted files ? Because I've the Voices1 Voices2 Voices3 and Voices4 but the file called Data1.cab seems to be damaged.

So, I think that I don't have :

*.VGA
GAME22
save.999
TABLES*
TBLLIST

Is it possible to have directly those converted files here in downloading them, ready to be placed in a directory ?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Sebmagic wrote:but the file called Data1.cab seems to be damaged.
Are you sure it's damaged? I had to run the original installer to unpack it, because I couldn't find any standalone program to do it for me. (I'm told there might be one, but I've forgotten the name of it.)
Sebmagic wrote:Is it possible to have directly those converted files here in downloading them, ready to be placed in a directory ?
I don't know. I don't think anyone has aksed for permission, and even if we had, it's close to a gigabyte of data, which is quite a lot. The development version of ScummVM adds a more efficient compression/decompression method, which brings it down to 600-700 megabytes, which is still quite a lot. (And that's the 2 CD version of the game. The ones from the 4 CD version are even larger, I'm told.)
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

I tried with WinZip, WinRar, PowerArchiver, but none of them can extract the file... :cry: It's said that the file is damaged or unextractable (something like taht).
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

In fact, Data1.cab is a big mystery. I think that a program is able to extract the content of this file. But now, how can we know which one ?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Sebmagic wrote:In fact, Data1.cab is a big mystery. I think that a program is able to extract the content of this file. But now, how can we know which one ?
Can't you just run the original installer, and get the files from there?
deadagain

Post by deadagain »

Sebmagic wrote:In fact, Data1.cab is a big mystery. I think that a program is able to extract the content of this file. But now, how can we know which one ?
Google I5comp21, download & use i5comp.exe to extract from cab...
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

Okay, it worked. When the site talks about "*.VGA", it's about all the NUMBER.VGA like 1233.VGA ?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Sebmagic wrote:Okay, it worked. When the site talks about "*.VGA", it's about all the NUMBER.VGA like 1233.VGA ?
Exactly
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

I also don't understand :

I've all the *.VGA, I've converted all the *.smk in *.mp3 and *.dxa, I've all the TABLE*, I've GAME22, SAVE.999 and TBLLIST.

I've Voices1.wav, Voices2.wav, Voices3.wav and Voices4.wav too.

But ScummVM always says to me : "No game found in this directory".

Please, tell me that I haven't endure "a night of clicking and typing" for nothing !

Oh, in fact, I noticed that there was no file in my "data1.cab", because, when I extract data1.cab with i5comp, there is no files extracted. But is it a problem since I have all the requisite files ??

Else, if some files are necessary in data1.cab, could anyone send them to me ?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Sebmagic wrote:I also don't understand :

I've all the *.VGA, I've converted all the *.smk in *.mp3 and *.dxa, I've all the TABLE*, I've GAME22, SAVE.999 and TBLLIST.

I've Voices1.wav, Voices2.wav, Voices3.wav and Voices4.wav too.

But ScummVM always says to me : "No game found in this directory".

Please, tell me that I haven't endure "a night of clicking and typing" for nothing !

Oh, in fact, I noticed that there was no file in my "data1.cab", because, when I extract data1.cab with i5comp, there is no files extracted. But is it a problem since I have all the requisite files ??
Could you post the md5sum and size of your GAME22 file?
Else, if some files are necessary in data1.cab, could anyone send them to me ?
No, that would be a breach of copyrights
Sebmagic

Post by Sebmagic »

I'm french and I don't know what is md5sum but my GAME22 takes 253 Ko.