Speech in Indy and Atlantis

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

wackybrak

Speech in Indy and Atlantis

Post by wackybrak »

So I start my game using SCUMM 0.82 and the music and what not starts but there are no "sound effects" like the glass breaking. Indy also nevers speaks on top of it. When I launch I can see some sort of error message in a window about sound.

So does anyone know how to solve this? I don't really want to use subtitles the whole game.
clem

Re: Speech in Indy and Atlantis

Post by clem »

wackybrak wrote:So I start my game using SCUMM 0.82 and the music and what not starts but there are no "sound effects" like the glass breaking. Indy also nevers speaks on top of it. When I launch I can see some sort of error message in a window about sound.

So does anyone know how to solve this? I don't really want to use subtitles the whole game.
Which ScummVM version are you using? (I guess Windows?)
Which error message do you get?

clem
wackybrak

Post by wackybrak »

I'm using the newest version for windows.

WARNING: loadVOCFromStream: INvalid Header!
WARNING: startSfxSound failed to loud sound!

thanks.
clem

Post by clem »

wackybrak wrote:WARNING: loadVOCFromStream: INvalid Header!
WARNING: startSfxSound failed to loud sound!
sounds like a broken datafile to me; try copying it from CD again

clem
krum

sound

Post by krum »

I don't know if this is against the rules on here so [...snip...]
moderatorial:It is, read the forum rules.

also try updating your sound drivers, I had a similer problem with an onboard card.
clem

Re: sound

Post by clem »

krum wrote:I don't know if this is against the rules on here so I will just say, if your cd is scrached and you can't get the propper sound file, I can send you my sound files for the game, I have the original :-).
hint: read the forum rules, and you will know if something is against the rules here. For your convenience we even put it into forum rule 0, so you don't even have to read the full page

"No, it's not okay to request parts of a game either when your media is damaged."

I guess it follows that OFFERING parts of a game is not okay either

clem