Very old bug in FOTAQ's GUI

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

monsieurouxx

Very old bug in FOTAQ's GUI

Post by monsieurouxx »

(note: It's the German talkie (CD-ROM) version of Flight of the Amazon Queen. The menu says "1.7.0a". I play on Android.)

Scenario :
At some stage in the game you need to "use knife on coconut".
1) you click on the "use" button ("benutze"),
2) you click on the knife in the inventory
3 )you try to click on the arrow to browse through your inventory (the coconut is not within reach)
expected behaviour : clicking the arrow would allow to make the inventory scroll until one can click on the coconut, and complete the "use knife on coconut" action.
Actual faulty behaviour : as soon as the mouse hovers the arrow button, the action/verb is reset. You can never complete the "use" action onto the knife.

In other words: the interface seems to be faulty.

Now the question is :
- Does this come from this particular original version of the game? (I found no evidence of that by googling)
OR
- Does it come from ScummVM?

At first I was tempted to believe that the issue was related to android, but I've found a thread from 2007 that mentions exactly the same bug!

Here: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... 9c4d3041ca
selmiak

Post by selmiak »

have you ever moved the mouse away from the scrollbutton again? The verbline magically appears again... on the PC. So this is probably a bug in the android version.
monsieurouxx

Post by monsieurouxx »

selmiak wrote:have you ever moved the mouse away from the scrollbutton again? The verbline magically appears again...
It actually does work. I feel stupid now. I could have sworn I tried that.
Well, not so stupid. This interface is awkward.
selmiak

Post by selmiak »

glad to be of service 8)