Simon the Sorcerer 2 Pause Key

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tim20

Simon the Sorcerer 2 Pause Key

Post by Tim20 »

First of all, after struggling to log on due to forgetting my password, having an email sent to me to reset it doesn't work. The link in the email takes me to a 'Not Authorised' page. I tried contacting ScummVM via Twitter and facebook about it and received no response. It was only thanks to a random guess that I managed to log back in.

Anyway... According to the ScummVM readme, it says that pressing the 'P' key pauses Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2. I tried it in 2 yesterday and it doesn't work. Is this a known issue already, or does it need to be filed as a bug?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Simon the Sorcerer 2 Pause Key

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Tim20 wrote:Anyway... According to the ScummVM readme, it says that pressing the 'P' key pauses Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2. I tried it in 2 yesterday and it doesn't work. Is this a known issue already, or does it need to be filed as a bug?
Which version of ScummVM is that? The README for 1.7.0 says the Pause key pauses in Simon the Sorcerer, and that one works for me.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/blob ... t.cpp#L670

Yes, it is setup to pause on the Pause / Break key found in the top right of PC keyboard layouts near Scroll Lock.

Since AGOS is a highly scripted engine, I'm not clear if adding an alias to 'P' key would cause issues or conflict with one of the games. Best to ask one of the AGOS engine developers such as Kirben.
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

Oh. Well that's sure awkward... :? I could've sworn it said 'P' for pause, but no, it does say 'pause' - as in the pause key.

I guess you can delete this thread then. Though the password reset link in the emails I mentioned don't work, so I guess the thread wasn't completely worthless
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Tim20: No problem. We don't delete threads, except in exceptional cases i.e. blatant violation of forum rules.

This is to allow them to provide a knowledge base to help future users by searching ie. User can easily think we do mean P as the Pause key is quite obscure, so good to have this for reference... and maybe so Developers can think about whether to clarify in the README and other user documentation for the future! :)

P.S. We are aware of the password reset issue as it has been mentioned before. Not sure what is going on there. Contacting the team by IRC or e-mail is probably better than Twitter/Facebook for future reference.
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

Okay then. :)

By the way, which email address do I use to contact the team?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

The wiki has sections for Platforms, Engines and Project Services which list the maintainer/developers for each. Their personal pages generally list their scummvm.org e-mail or other contact e-mai if they have one / wish to receive ScummVM mail.

The forums page lists sev as the maintainer of the Forums. You could drop him a mail or to Strangerke:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Proje ... ces#Forums

He should be able to pass it on to the relevant maintainer.

You could also file a bug on this, *shrug*