Graphic filters and resolution issue in KQVI Windows CD

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Paolo86

Graphic filters and resolution issue in KQVI Windows CD

Post by Paolo86 »

Hi there folks. King's Quest VI CD WIN does not run with graphic filters on even when specified to (using hq3x in my case) and the res stays at 640x480. Is this normal? is it due to the graphical enhancements that this version uses with pointers, menu screens and portraits that the game employs over his dos counterpart?

Thanks, hope you can finish your amazing work on the other sci games as well, someday! :o
envisaged0ne

Post by envisaged0ne »

Easy answer to your question is yes. The windows version won't allow you to change the graphic settings because it will distort the image. At least that's how it was explained to me by a dev when I asked a few years back
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Graphic filters and resolution issue in KQVI Windows CD

Post by LordHoto »

Paolo86 wrote:Hi there folks. King's Quest VI CD WIN does not run with graphic filters on even when specified to (using hq3x in my case) and the res stays at 640x480. Is this normal? is it due to the graphical enhancements that this version uses with pointers, menu screens and portraits that the game employs over his dos counterpart?

Thanks, hope you can finish your amazing work on the other sci games as well, someday! :o
Did you try setting the graphics filter in the game specific option of your game entry?