Legend of Kyrandia wont load..

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

spez

Legend of Kyrandia wont load..

Post by spez »

Hi all,

Just recently discovered ScummVM and im happily playing w/ the old adventure games i used to love.. I used to play all the Sierra games, Lucasfilms games etc.. I've never played Steel Sky and Amazon Queen before, so finding them here as freeware is a real treat. PLUS im using the pocketpc/smartphone port and am playing these on my cellphone.. i just love to show off to my friends when their much more expensive, more recent high-end phones can't do the stuff my old smartphone can.. (in this latest case, play FULL PC GAMES W SOUND AND SPEECH!!) :D

But I digress.. (that was my obligatory im-a-newbie-this-is-an-awesome-site rant btw) :D

On with the problem: I cant seem to run Legend of Kyrandia. It says it cant find any games on the dir. I copied the Kyra.dat in the dir.. it doesnt replace any file? Even the ScummVM windows version wont recognize it. I got Dosbox and managed to run the game successfully.

The scummVM homepage says to "download a SVN snapshot of ScummVM ".. not sure what this means exactly?

Anyway, hoping someone can help me run this old fave of mine.. thanks!!
Ad_Enuff

Re: Legend of Kyrandia wont load..

Post by Ad_Enuff »

spez wrote:The scummVM homepage says to "download a SVN snapshot of ScummVM ".. not sure what this means exactly?
You need to download this version:

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/scummvmwin32.exe

This gets updated daily so, if you find a bug make sure you report it, and then check a day or so later and re-download the next daily snapshot.
spez

Re: Legend of Kyrandia wont load..

Post by spez »

Ad_Enuff wrote:
You need to download this version:

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/scummvmwin32.exe

This gets updated daily so, if you find a bug make sure you report it, and then check a day or so later and re-download the next daily snapshot.
D'OH!!! I didnt see that :oops:
thanks very much, its working fine now on my PC!!
Unfortunately Smartphone/Pocket PC version is not yet updated .. :(
but its fine, i still have several games i can play on it using ScummVM :D

thanks again!