Legend of Kyrandia 2 - Hand Of Fate FM-Towns no CD Audio

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

naquaada
Got a warning

Legend of Kyrandia 2 - Hand Of Fate FM-Towns no CD Audio

Post by naquaada »

Hello,

I'm trying to get FM-Towns CD audio sound working on Legend of Kyrandia 2 - Hand of Fate. Kyra.dat and Kanji Font ROMs are installed, FM-Towns graphics and audio modes are set.

The first part of Kyrandia is working fine with FM-Towns audio. I converted the audio tracks 02 - 22 to trackXX.mp3. track01.mp3 is the same as track02.mp3. This works, the audio tracks are mathing the DOS/MT-32 version. Without CD audio tracks my FM-Towns version has no background music at all, just sound effects.

In the second part this doesn't work. I converted audio tracks 02 - 85 and doubled track 2 to get track01.mp3. The file names are again trackXX.mp3 like in other games with CD audio. But Kyrandia 2 still uses the FM-Towns FM synthesis sound, not the CD audio tracks.

Both games are also including the PC-98 versions, sound and japanese text (using SJIS.FNT) are working correctly.

Has anyone an idea why FM-Towns CD audio doesn't work in Kyrandia 2 or isn't it supported yet? I'm using ScummVM 1.6.0pre91-gba0d88a Windows 64 bit version. Kyra.dat has a length of 474 bytes.

Greets, naquaada.
Last edited by naquaada on Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Legend of Kyrandia 2 - Hand Of Fate FM-Towns no CD Audio

Post by LordHoto »

naquaada wrote:I've found two unmodified FM-Towns images.
We do not support illegal game copies. This is also mentioned in the forum rules:
[b]Forum Rules. READ BEFORE POST.[/b] wrote: 0) No Warez. No Abandonware discussions. Links to content of a questionable nature, asking for, offering, or asking for help/helping to process such content in any way or form is not tolerated. No, it's not okay to request parts of a game either, even if you already own another version of it, or to replace damaged media. Consider Copyright FAQ.
clone2727
Retired

Re: Legend of Kyrandia 2 - Hand Of Fate FM-Towns no CD Audio

Post by clone2727 »

naquaada wrote:I've found two unmodified FM-Towns images.
Forum Rule #0
naquaada
Got a warning

Post by naquaada »

Very helpful. I could say something to this, but I'd better skip it :?
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Yeah, we don't help pirates. Sue us.

Editing your original post to remove the tale-telling sentence doesn't help you either.

Now move along, we don't want you here.