Simulate mouse button press

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Klizine

Simulate mouse button press

Post by Klizine »

Forgive me if this has been answered, however I could not find one.

All my games start, run, and play excellently.

I am trying to get my setup to run without a mouse. In the User Manual it states that the keyboard can simulate the right and left mouse buttons for SCUMM games, however they don't appear to do anything on 1.6.0. The other hotkeys work, so I am a bit baffled as to why this is.

Am I doing something wrong? Any assistance is appreciated. This is for PC version.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Simulate mouse button press

Post by LordHoto »

Klizine wrote:Forgive me if this has been answered, however I could not find one.

All my games start, run, and play excellently.

I am trying to get my setup to run without a mouse. In the User Manual it states that the keyboard can simulate the right and left mouse buttons for SCUMM games, however they don't appear to do anything on 1.6.0. The other hotkeys work, so I am a bit baffled as to why this is.

Am I doing something wrong? Any assistance is appreciated. This is for PC version.
I think keyboard emulation isn't support by ScummVM (anymore).
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Simulate mouse button press

Post by eriktorbjorn »

LordHoto wrote: I think keyboard emulation isn't support by ScummVM (anymore).
Those keys do seem to work in Full Throttle, The Dig and The Curse of Monkey Island though, so maybe it was always something the games themselves handled, not ScummVM?

The argument against that, of course, is that it was mentioned at least as early as ScummVM 0.3.0, at which point The Curse of Monkey Island was not supported, and Full Throttle was not yet fully playable.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

There was keyboard emulation in ScummVM in the past, but it was removed due to conflicts with scripts. Specifically keyboard commands in SCUMM scripts were been blocked.

The later SCUMM games offer keyboard support via scripts.