0.8.0/0.8.0a Mac OS X build crashes

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

InvaderBlue

0.8.0/0.8.0a Mac OS X build crashes

Post by InvaderBlue »

Hi, I'm on a iBook G3/800 (10.4.3), and after the quick rush to get the new ScummVM, I get a crash (the icon bounces in the dock, and then dissapears). Here's the crash log:

Code: Select all

Host Name:      the-Monkey-Island
Date/Time:      2005-11-03 20:16:51.710 -0500
OS Version:     10.4.3 (Build 8F46)
Report Version: 3

Command: scummvm
Path:    /Volumes/Goblin/Personal/Games/ScummVM/ScummVM.app/Contents/MacOS/scummvm
Parent:  WindowServer [105]

Version: 0.8.0a (0.8.0a)

PID:    844
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

incompatible cpu-subtype
I downloaded 0.8.0a but that didn't fix it. I think it's because I'm on a G3. Is that true?

Edit: The June 24th CVS build of of 0.8.0 worked fine.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I think this is a known problem with Mac OS X 10.4. There's a test build to download under the details of bug 1343971, the link is http://scummvm.org/downloads/scummvm-g3-test.zip . If you read the bug report it's possibly something to do with 10.4 protecting the user from running Altivec code on the G3. A couple of people reporting this problem have confirmed this new test build works for them.

Jimbob
Last edited by Jimbob on Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InvaderBlue

Post by InvaderBlue »

Test build works just fine, thanks.
Steamo

Post by Steamo »

I am having this same problem but the "fix" that was linked in this forum is now gone. Is there a new fix being created or something?
ZPedro

Post by ZPedro »

No, the fix is still there. But the link is wrong. You need to remove the dot at the end before using it since the forum software mistakenly included the dot in the url (Jimbob, you ought to know by now that you should always put a space after a link in web boards, since punctuation ends up being taken in the link...)
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

ZPedro wrote:Jimbob, you ought to know by now that you should always put a space after a link in web boards, since punctuation ends up being taken in the link...
Hey! I didn't even know it was going to become a hyperlink. I'm more of a lurker than a poster and hence my lack of knowledge of how these 'posh' forums work :wink:

Jimbob

PS.

I've just changed it, so hopefully it'll work .......
Steamo

Post by Steamo »

did it take you 1 hour and 45 minutes to download the fix? Everytime I try to download it (even at my school which has a T3 connection) it starts off well, tells me that it will take more than an hour to download and then it times out. Is there somewhere else i can download it from?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Steamo wrote:did it take you 1 hour and 45 minutes to download the fix? Everytime I try to download it (even at my school which has a T3 connection) it starts off well, tells me that it will take more than an hour to download and then it times out. Is there somewhere else i can download it from?
I've just managed to download it fine. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you (I don't have a website that I can upload it to).

Jimbob
alawrence101

Post by alawrence101 »

Hmmm... I'm having the same problem, and the download keeps taking 10 minutes to download about 1 % and then failing.

PM with my email address is on its way...
thund3r

Post by thund3r »

i downloaded about 10% and it finished. Now i have a corrpted zip i cant open.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

thund3r wrote:i downloaded about 10% and it finished. Now i have a corrpted zip i cant open.
I've just emailed the fixed version. Maybe the v0.8.0a available from the main ScummVM website should be rebuilt with this fix in place. I still don't understand why people are having issues with downloading the new fixed zip archive, it downloads fine for me whenever I need to email it to anyone who requests it.

Jimbob
NinjaFae

Post by NinjaFae »

Jimbob wrote:
thund3r wrote:i downloaded about 10% and it finished. Now i have a corrpted zip i cant open.
I've just emailed the fixed version. Maybe the v0.8.0a available from the main ScummVM website should be rebuilt with this fix in place. I still don't understand why people are having issues with downloading the new fixed zip archive, it downloads fine for me whenever I need to email it to anyone who requests it.

Jimbob
Corrupted here, too, can you send it to me also, if it works for you?