Myst not saving location issue

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bigbend

Myst not saving location issue

Post by bigbend »

Hi.

First of all I understand Myst isn't supported in the stable releases, possibly due to this very problem.

I recently installed Myst on the 1.7.0git763-gdee7193 version of ScummVM. The game plays great, no crashes like I had running it natively. However there is one issue I would like to mention, as I have not found any other information about this problem. When I save the game with Ctrl+F5 and try to load it later, instead of loading where I originally saved, it loads the library linking book. Progress appears to be saved, but it does not save your location. As you can imagine, this can be kind of a hassle when you need to get back to another age. Could this please be fixed? Thank you, and great job getting Myst to run crash-free on new systems!

bigbend
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

This is the way Myst has always loaded games.
bigbend

Post by bigbend »

clone2727 wrote:This is the way Myst has always loaded games.
Many thanks for the speedy and helpful reply :) Another question, I have a friend who wishes to play both Myst and Riven. Are there any game-breaking bugs with either that may prevent him from doing so? Thank you again.

bigbend
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

They should both be completable with bugs. At least I know the Mechanical fortress rotation is still not complete.
bigbend

Post by bigbend »

Ok again thank you. One last question, I assume ScummVM will play both these games on Windows 7 64 bit?
bigbend

Post by bigbend »

clone2727 wrote:They should both be completable with bugs. At least I know the Mechanical fortress rotation is still not complete.
Above
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

bigbend wrote:Ok again thank you. One last question, I assume ScummVM will play both these games on Windows 7 64 bit?
Any daily build will have them enabled.
bigbend

Post by bigbend »

clone2727 wrote:
bigbend wrote:Ok again thank you. One last question, I assume ScummVM will play both these games on Windows 7 64 bit?
Any daily build will have them enabled.
I saw this on the bug list,

Fortress rotation holo-simulator not working properly

Requires playing QT movies with edit lists backwards

What is this issue exactly? Is it a issue with the tower rotation on Myst Island? That seems to work ok though.

(Sorry, haven't played Myst for a while.)

bigbend
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

It says the fortress, which is in the Mechanical age.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

If I remember correctly, the fortress rotation simulator just does not behave properly, since the video playback needs some unimplemented tricks, you don't see what's happening in the display. So, it is really hard to figure out by yourself what the actual (not in the simulator) rotation controls do, especially if you don't know that this is a bug ;) The real fortress rotation works fine, though.