Help with COMI - can't get files to copy to Scumm!

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NotaThreeHeadedMonkey

Help with COMI - can't get files to copy to Scumm!

Post by NotaThreeHeadedMonkey »

I'm a newbie, so please help! :oops:

I've followed all the instructions from the 'help for Newbies' forum, so I have copied everything to where it's meant to be, but the only thing that won't copy is 'CURSERNG.SAN' - so when I try and start the game on Scumm, It says

(87:29:0xD44) BundleMgr:: open () can't open bundle file: musdisk.bun !

I'm guessing this is because CURSERNG won't copy, but is there any reason why it shouldn't? I'm trying to install onto Windows 7 if that makes any difference?

Also, I've uninstalled and retried about 3 times now!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

CURSERNG.SAN is a cutscene, so the error is unrelated.

Check our data files page for the required game files:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... and.2C_The
Last edited by md5 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Help with COMI - can't get files to copy to Scumm!

Post by eriktorbjorn »

NotaThreeHeadedMonkey wrote: (87:29:0xD44) BundleMgr:: open () can't open bundle file: musdisk.bun !

I'm guessing this is because CURSERNG won't copy, but is there any reason why it shouldn't? I'm trying to install onto Windows 7 if that makes any difference?
No, musdisk1.bun (I assume that's what it's saying, rather than musdisk.bun) is one of the files that should be in the "resource" folder of the first CD of the game. It contains all of the game's music. I think I've heard somewhere that some scenes of the game will break if the file isn't there, so I guess that's why it's treated as an error if it's missing.

The curserng.san file is an animated cutscene that's played at the end of Part I of the game. Nothing bad should happen if it's missing, though you'll miss that part of the story of course.
NotaThreeHeadedMonkey

Ok, the reason the CURSERNG can't copy is 'invalid MS:DOS function' - does this mean anything?
pykman

Post by pykman »

But why the file won't copy? Maybe your CD is damaged? Try some date rescuse software (i.g. CDCheck) and try to recover missing file. And only when you have all files listed in Data Files try again launch it with ScummVM.
NotaThreeHeadedMonkey

Thanks everyone - the 'CURSERNG' still won't copy, but at least I've got the game working now, even if there are no cut scenes! :)