Issues when clicking the windows button.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dag

Issues when clicking the windows button.

Post by dag »

If I minimize the ScummVM window, the mouse cursor gets stuck in the upper left corner of the screen. Even if i manage to click my way back to the scumm window with the arrow keys, scumm still won't reopen, and the cursor remains stuck. The only solution I've found to get the computer working again, is restarting the whole thing, losing all unsaved progress. This is EXTREMELY frustrating, especially since Scumm also minimizes whenever I'm informed of an availiable update (for other programs), and the same thing happens. Please help, this issue is annoying beyond belief.... :( Using v. 1.4.1
corpse

Post by corpse »

Please try downloading the latest stable release, 1.5.0. This may resolve the issue.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

What operating system are you using? Which game(s) are you experiencing this with?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

If you are using Windows that sounds like the issue described in this thread.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Under the assumption that you use Windows: For reference ScummVM 1.4.1 on Windows shipped with SDL 1.2.14, so it is most likely the same problem as discussed here.

To fix this you can either grab a new version of SDL over here and copy SDL.dll into your ScummVM directory or you upgrade ScummVM as suggested, which is probably the better idea.
dag

Post by dag »

Hi, thanks for the quick response(s)!

Installing the latest version fixed the issue. Sorry for being too stupid to figure out that on my own...

In case it's still interesting, it didn't matter what game I was playing, it was the minimizing of scumm itself that triggered the issue. I could just open the launcher, without starting any game, hit the windows key, and bam! Mouse stuck. I have not experienced this issue with any other program.
Oh, and I'm using Win7 64.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

dag wrote:In case it's still interesting, it didn't matter what game I was playing, it was the minimizing of scumm itself that triggered the issue. I could just open the launcher, without starting any game, hit the windows key, and bam! Mouse stuck. I have not experienced this issue with any other program.
Oh, and I'm using Win7 64.
Yes, it was a general problem with SDL 1.2.14 on Windows as far as I can tell. Anyway good to know, it's gone now.
dag

Post by dag »

Yep, thanks again! Now, I'll enjoy the rest of my Full Throttle replay without forced restarts and loss of progress :)

I'd been having this issue for quite some time, but had gotten used to it, so I'd remember to save and manually quit the program whenever I needed to access anything else on the computer. Today, however, while playing Full Throttle, I got 2 update reminders from other programs, on seperate occasions, which caused scumm to minimize, and made me lose the same hour of progress twice (and offcourse, that included that silly action-part of the game :S )

Anyway, very happy to finally have gotten rid of the problem (though I still gotta fight all those bikers all over again.. sigh.. :P ).
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

I for one am glad this has been fixed, as it's been something I've dealt with for years. But for anyone who's still using an older version of ScummVM for whatever reason, the way I got around this was to Alt-Tab to the game twice in a row, then play could resume.