Odd compatibility question

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Spiffy

Odd compatibility question

Post by Spiffy »

While I expect the answer is no someone I was talking to eluded that some PC only games supported by SCUMMVM could be played on the mac,is this true? :?
raina

Post by raina »

The original platform doesn't matter and as long as ScummVM supports the particular version of the game, it should be playable on any platform ScummVM runs on. That's the beauty of it.
clem

Post by clem »

it's funny that some questions are rarely asked, and then suddenly twice in about 2 days - http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=1185
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

In particular, one of our project admins is a Mac user. While there haven't been any explicit threats, we're all scared stiff of doing anything to upset him. :)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Fingolfin jumps out of nowhere into the scene

*roar* I am watching you, eriktorbjorn!!! :twisted:

Fingolfin dissappears again in a cloud of smoke, leaving behind only a subtle smell of sulfur
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

Well seeing as I already have this nice cozy topic I thought I'd just stick with it,can anyone tell me how to get the PC games in the download section to work on my Mac? I seam to be having trouble :oops:
olki
ScummVM Developer

Post by olki »

It's really very easy. Just download the ScummVM .dmg file for Mac OS X, open it and place the ScummVM application in your Applications folder or on your Desktop. If you're using one of the freeware games that we offer, just unpack the downloaded file and place the resulting directory anywhere on your harddrive. Finally start the ScummVM application, press "Add" and navigate to the directory where you placed the game and press "ok" that's all there really is....