compress_scumm_bun.exe 64bit

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Maeode

compress_scumm_bun.exe 64bit

Post by Maeode »

I'm trying to compress my curse of monkey island sound files in the hope that it will reduce the lag when I play this game on my wii.

I'm running into a lot of issues however because this hasn't been discussed for several years...

I'm trying to follow the advice here but it's been very difficult, because it seems the scumm_tools package has changed...

trying to just use the current package, I get an error no matter how I try to compress the files.

I won't post it all unless someone thinks it relevant, but it starts with "Assertion failed!" mentions a program line, then an expression tag, then mentions visian C++ documentation... this is all way over my head

I managed to find an old version of the package on sourceforge, but when I try to compress the files it says that compress_scumm_bun.exe is not compatible with 64bit versions of windows -_-

I've been working on this for several hours trying to get it to work, if anyone has any advice, or need extra info I'd be glad to give it
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Re: compress_scumm_bun.exe 64bit

Post by tsoliman »

Maeode wrote: it starts with "Assertion failed!" mentions a program line,
Please post that line that has "assertion failed" in it.
Maeode

Post by Maeode »

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

Assertion failed!

Program: ...
File: engines/scumm/compress_scumm_bun.cpp
Line: 1111

Expression: tag == 'LB83'

For Information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)