The Roland MT-32 Emulator; does it work with all?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dedede666

The Roland MT-32 Emulator; does it work with all?

Post by dedede666 »

I just got police quest the complete edition disc, tried using DOSbox, wayyy to complicated but scummvm keeps it simple. I saw a video on youtube though, comparing the sound between sound blaster and roland MT-32. the 32 sounds AWESOME and i was wondering if theres a way i can implement it into scummvm so i can play the game with those kick butt sounds. Any help is appreciated. try to keep it simple, im not very good with computers. thanks in advance.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Roland MT-32 Emulator; does it work with all?

Post by LordHoto »

dedede666 wrote:I just got police quest the complete edition disc, tried using DOSbox, wayyy to complicated but scummvm keeps it simple. I saw a video on youtube though, comparing the sound between sound blaster and roland MT-32. the 32 sounds AWESOME and i was wondering if theres a way i can implement it into scummvm so i can play the game with those kick butt sounds. Any help is appreciated. try to keep it simple, im not very good with computers. thanks in advance.
The built in version of Munt (an MT-32 emulator) should work fine. But you need to dump ROMs from an original MT-32 to use it. You'll need to buy a real MT-32 and then put some work into dumping the ROMs.
dedede666

Post by dedede666 »

alright. screw that idea then. aint paying 100 bucks to make this old game sound a little better
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

The last one I bought was for $40. Keep looking and you'll find a cheap one. And yes there are crazy people on ebay trying to sell it for $250; ignore them.

It was totally worth it.
envisaged0ne

Post by envisaged0ne »

I bought mine back when KQ4 came out. Cost me over $530.00. Still have it to this day. Once you listen to the games through the MT-32, you can't stand listening to them through a regular sound card again.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

Adjusted for inflation that's a little shy of 1k in now-dollars.

I didn't even hear about it until about 3 years ago or so. It was a real revelation. And yes, PQ2 music without mt32 is pretty crap but it is nostalgic for me.