Dreamweb US CD crashes on Mac

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Chilijohn

Dreamweb US CD crashes on Mac

Post by Chilijohn »

I'm using my own copy of the US CD version of Dreamweb with SCUMMVM 1.5.0 on OS X 10.8 and the game crashes after the opening credits. I've tried nuking preferences and running with only defaults to no effect. Can anyone provide a suggestion to get the game working properly?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Dreamweb US CD crashes on Mac

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Chilijohn wrote:Can anyone provide a suggestion to get the game working properly?
If none of the usual ways (re-copying the files from the CD, running ScummVM from a command prompt to see if there are any useful error messages, etc.), I'd suggest filing a report in the ScummVM bug tracker. (Bug reports in the forum are much more likely to be forgotten.)
aculotarpa

Post by aculotarpa »

Same problem on same versions here!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Again, a proper bug report would be useful. They don't get lost as easily, they're easier to add information to, and not every ScummVM developer use the forums.

And I know this includes at least one who works on the DreamWeb engine, because he asked me to reply to this. :)
aculotarpa

Post by aculotarpa »

Done
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

aculotarpa wrote:Done
Thanks. It'd be good if Chilijohn could file one about his US version of the game as well, even if it's possible that it's the same bug in both cases.
Chilijohn

Bug comment added

Post by Chilijohn »

I posted my crash info in aculotarpa's bug report.