Help Installing Patches

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CheeseMeister

Help Installing Patches

Post by CheeseMeister »

Please I'm begging someone to help me. I'm too stupid to figure how to install this patch:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418822

I desperately want to play the SMI patched with voices, and I need this patch to play with MIDI support. But I have no idea how to install it and there's no instructions anywhere on the internet ever.

I'm currently using the official ScummVM 1.4.1, and am attempting to use a real MT-32.

Please can anyone help this old fool?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The patches in the ScummVM patch tracker are almost always text files that describe how to modify the ScummVM source code, i.e. there's no way to install it. You would have to download the source code, apply the patch and compile a new executable file. Probably not the answer you're looking for.

However, the patch you refer to is marked as closed and accepted, so presumably it's already a part of ScummVM. Perhaps not of any stable release, but the daily builds at least.

That's the ScummVM side of the problem. I assume the game data files have to be modified in some way as well, but I have no experience of these MI1 and MI2 fan patches myself.
CheeseMeister

Post by CheeseMeister »

Hi Eriktorbjorn, thanks for replying.

To quote Logic Deluxe, the creator of this patch buildermuhthing, "It seems the native MIDI attribute did not make it to the official release for some reason."

I would call myself an advanced ScummVM user but compiling executables is something I have no experience in. Is it possible to integrate the MIDI support for this patch into the next official release? Seeing as the rest of the patch has already been integrated and all.. :D
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

I will try.
CheeseMeister

Post by CheeseMeister »

Wow. That would be so amazing. Thank you. You know, it just occurred to me I've been using since probably late 2002 and I've never stopped in here to say thank you to you developer types. It's become such a huge part of my life - so thanks. All y'all developers.
CheeseMeister

Post by CheeseMeister »

So I just downloaded the new 1.5.0 version of ScummVM. Seems this patch didn't get fully integrated again. I won't say I'm bummed out because the works you devs are doing continues to be amazing, but what are the chances of this patch ever being integrated into an official release? Should I start learning how to compile? I feel more up to the challenge now