IIgs AGI question

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

thethreeheadedmonkey

IIgs AGI question

Post by thethreeheadedmonkey »

Is there any way to adjust the game speed in IIgs AGI games, other than using the AGI menu? The speed option isn't available in IIgs games and most of the games that I've tried to run were running too fast.

btw, what is the status of the IIgs music support? The IIgs music option says "NOT IMPLEMENTED", yet I'm able to hear music
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

The music in IIgs AGI games doesn't sound the way it's supposed to. Maybe it's been a while since you've played these games on an actual IIgs, but the AGI music was more advanced than that played on a PCJr, Tandy, or internal speaker. Try looking up IIgs versions of AGI games on Youtube to hear the difference.
envisaged0ne

Post by envisaged0ne »

If you play the actual IIgs versions of the games, using the actual IIgs files, then the sounds are all correct to the originals. A lot of people are just using the pc versions with IIgs emulation and that doesn't play them correctly.
thethreeheadedmonkey

Post by thethreeheadedmonkey »

I consulted the AGI Reference Card and discovered a way to slow IIgs games down:
The commands "slow", "normal" or "fast" change the game speed, even if the AGI menu doesn't have a speed option.

So, depending on which game I play, I just have to type "slow" or "normal" at the beginning to enjoy the game.

However, this doesn't always work correctly.
King's Quest I for instance resets the game speed every time you enter a new screen,
and typing "slow" all the time can get a bit tedious...
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

You could press F3. :) But it's a fair point.