Localisation problems

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mozgqwerty

Localisation problems

Post by mozgqwerty »

I've get the Kyrandia 1&2 voiced copies, and wanted to play them on russian. But when I'm starting, Scumm show me sonsole and say about errors. I can run them thru dosbox, but Scumm is more easy
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Which version of ScummVM do you use? And what is the error message?

Eugene
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Localisation problems

Post by LordHoto »

mozgqwerty wrote:I've get the Kyrandia 1&2 voiced copies, and wanted to play them on russian. But when I'm starting, Scumm show me sonsole and say about errors. I can run them thru dosbox, but Scumm is more easy
I don't think we support russian fan patched CD versions of Kyra 1 and 2. Do you have a link to the patch files, so we can try that patch ourselves?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Localisation problems

Post by sev »

LordHoto wrote:
mozgqwerty wrote:I've get the Kyrandia 1&2 voiced copies, and wanted to play them on russian. But when I'm starting, Scumm show me sonsole and say about errors. I can run them thru dosbox, but Scumm is more easy
I don't think we support russian fan patched CD versions of Kyra 1 and 2. Do you have a link to the patch files, so we can try that patch ourselves?
Right, I just checked. We support only Floppy versions now.

Eugene
mozgqwerty

Post by mozgqwerty »

It"s perfectly runs english cd version and russian flooppy... But russian localisation installer destroy game on both. I can see intro, but with game start Scumm(1.4) shows this window.
mozgqwerty

Post by mozgqwerty »

Also does anuone knows what files responsible for sound in CoMI? I have two games, but one of them runs, and other show me error with wrong sound compression (1295 i think). Both versions are windows
mozgqwerty

Post by mozgqwerty »

With .ERM files game wouldn't start
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

mozgqwerty wrote:Also does anuone knows what files responsible for sound in CoMI? I have two games, but one of them runs, and other show me error with wrong sound compression (1295 i think). Both versions are windows
Sound problem is known. They just use uncompressed sound there, which never got implemented in ScummVM. Perhaps one day it will be fixed.

...And according to Forum Rule #3a, forums are wrong place for providing bugreports.

Eugene
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

sev wrote:...And according to Forum Rule #3a, forums are wrong place for providing bugreports.
The bug tracker is also the wrong place to report this. It's no supported version (EDIT: at least Kyra 1+2 CD fan translation), thus we don't take any bug reports for it.

You should open a feature request, which asks to support the mentioned fan translations. Please link the patch files from that feature request too.