Inherit the Earth & Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2 data fi

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

koima57

Inherit the Earth & Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2 data fi

Post by koima57 »

Hi, i purchased the games on the app store and would love to try and play them on my PC and PSP with the music enhanced from M. James Woodcock for the first two and mouse control for them all.

How can i get the needed data files from the .IPA files? Is it even possible? Thanks for any help in advance!
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

How can i get the needed data files from the .IPA files?
Wikipedia is your friend
from wikipedia:
An .ipa file is an iPhone application archive file which stores an iPhone app. It is usually encrypted with Apple's FairPlay DRM technology. Each .ipa file is compressed with a binary for the ARM architecture and can only be installed on an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Files with the .ipa extension can be uncompressed by changing the extension to .zip and unzipping.
.ipa files cannot be installed on the iPhone Simulator because they do not contain a binary for the x86 architecture. To run applications on the simulator, original project files which can be opened using the Xcode SDK are required.
Not sure if it will work though due to the DRM, but that may only affect the iPhone exe(?)
koima57

Post by koima57 »

Hmm thanks i thought about extracting but the option was not showing up i had to try and "open with" searching for WinRAR on my executable.

I got them working though the voices have a little crackling from compression, oh well! :)

Thanks! Terrible program i love it especially on PSP with vibrant colours. Only complaint a little filter on Wii port would be most welcome to smooth all those lovely pixels on HD widescreens. Keep on the great work and thanks to M. James Woodcock for the musics remakes while im at it! ^^
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »