Indy III stopped working.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CyberSkull

Indy III stopped working.

Post by CyberSkull »

A while ago ScummVM suddenly stopped working with my copy of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure (Macintosh edition) and I haven't been able to get it working again. I tried deleting the ScummVM config for the game and reloading it, but I get an error saying ScummVM can't read the game directory. I've triple checked the permissions and scrubbed any ACLs that may be on the files, but I keep getting "ScummVM couldn't open the specified directory!" error message. There is also nothing useful in the console messages either.

I'm currently the current ScummVM on Mac OS X 10.5.8 PPC.

Does anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

Aside: Crossposted here.
clone2727
Retired

Re: Indy III stopped working.

Post by clone2727 »

CyberSkull wrote:A while ago ScummVM suddenly stopped working with my copy of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure (Macintosh edition) and I haven't been able to get it working again. I tried deleting the ScummVM config for the game and reloading it, but I get an error saying ScummVM can't read the game directory. I've triple checked the permissions and scrubbed any ACLs that may be on the files, but I keep getting "ScummVM couldn't open the specified directory!" error message. There is also nothing useful in the console messages either.
Works fine here. Can you list the directory structure you're using and the md5 of 00.LFL?
CyberSkull wrote:Aside: Crossposted here.
Not really sure why you would also post there on a site not related to ScummVM.
Mau1wurf1977

Post by Mau1wurf1977 »

Hmm maybe a corrupt file?

Copy the "Last Crusade" files into the directory again and see if the problem went away.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:Hmm maybe a corrupt file?
The "ScummVM couldn't open the specified directory!" error message seems to happen long before that could become an issue, though. The only place where I can find it is when adding a game, if ScummVM completely fails to get a list of files from the selected directory. It hasn't even started to look at what the files are yet.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

To elaborate a tiny bit, one way to get this error message is if you try to detect a game in a folder you can't access, but of course CyberSkull said he already triple-checked that.

I guess another possibility would be a bug in the file access code in ScummVM. (This is one of the parts that is platform specific, so if there are bugs in the Mac-specific parts of it, I wouldn't know.)
CyberSkull

Post by CyberSkull »

I just discovered the option to "mass add" games. I pointed it at the folder holding the Indy III folder and it added the game and it seems to run just fine now.

I suspect this behavior is because the mass add option is running different code than the regular add command.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

CyberSkull wrote:I just discovered the option to "mass add" games. I pointed it at the folder holding the Indy III folder and it added the game and it seems to run just fine now.

I suspect this behavior is because the mass add option is running different code than the regular add command.
Nope, it rather means the files ScummVM needs to detect the game is in a subfolder you weren't in the first time.
The only thing "mass add" does differently is to recursively go through all subdirs from the dir you pointed it in.