simon the sorcerer 2 giving the lollipop away

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

russell19831983

simon the sorcerer 2 giving the lollipop away

Post by russell19831983 »

i was looking on this site about the unfixed bugs in simon the sorcerer 2 when i noticed there is a bug where you can pull the lollipop out of your hat without even having it, therefore skipping part of the game. I remember doing it when i was young because i was shown, but now i don't remember at all how to do it, can someone please tell me how, thanks
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

No idea where you could get the lollipop but Simon pulls it out the hat when he is in the brat's castle trying to convince him to get (i think) a key to a room.

So, do everything but the lollipop and walk straight to the castle :-)
russell19831983

i know where to get the lollipop, i just want to see how simon can take it out of his hat without me even having it. i did it when i was younger but i've forgotten now. Also the brat needs a sword so then you can get a pea to wake the princess up, then the princess will give you a lollipop. I just want to find a shoter way and there is no hints on the internet, its only on the scummvm fixed bugs page but it doesn't say how you do it just that there is a way to do it.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

How you do it is easy...don't get the lollipop :-)

You can't make Simon pull out the not-yet-in-his-pocket lollipop, because he will do so when he needs to (game scripts will tell him)...somewhere later in the game obviously, but where that is, is beyond me, sorry
russell19831983

i got to the part where you can enter the castle. i went to the king and then went straight to mcswamplings and to the baby swamplings but i don't know how to tell him to give the lollipop away as he won't even talk to the baby swamplings or even the swampling, i have no idea how to make the game script tell him to do it either
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

It's been too long...i don't even know if this bug has already been worked around in ScummVM?

What you can try is...get the pea from the prince and make the princess drop the lolly, give it to the baby next room and when it throws it out, DON'T pick it up and leave to get to McSwamplings.

The idea behind is that Simon KNOWS how to make a baby stop crying.
Now he knows but doesn't have the lolly...

As i said i neither know if this bug has been fixed in ScummVM nor if those steps would trigger it...
russell19831983

but doing it that way basically defeats the object of doing it faster, i know you can do it before you even have the cog, i just don't know how, getting the lollipop first means there is no point in making simon give it away nefore getting it, its supposed to be faster and getting it first saves no time, but thanks anyway
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

A old message mentions how this particular bug was triggered.
russell19831983

thanks for the link. its annoying how i can't trigger the bug. Its in the unfixed bug section but it doesn't seem to work so maybe it got fixed or something, anyways thanks for trying to help