Monkey Island 1 french version : MT32 working or not ?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gamin

Monkey Island 1 french version : MT32 working or not ?

Post by gamin »

Hello there. First of all, I have to congratulate the ScummVM team for this amazing piece of software. Never thought I'll be able to play the best video game ever (Day of the Tentacle, my opinion) on my brand new fast computer running XP or Linux...

Now, my problem. I have both EGA and VGA version of Monkey Island (french and english). No md5 error reporting when launching them (ScummVM v0.8.2 and 0.9.0svn 14/03), so I guess I'm using the correct versions. I went to Lucas site to download the Roland upgrade, put it in my MI1 folders and tried to run the games. The english version, no problem. MT32 emulation initializes and runs perfectly. With the french version, 2 different problems. EGA : MT32 initialization, then black screen and nothing else. VGA : MT32 initialization, then error message saying "Cannot find file: 'disk00.lec'. I tried renaming the file disk09.lec from the upgrade to disk00.lec, but it crashed ScummVM.

The only thing I noticed is that my french versions are quite different. in both EGA and VGA english versions, there are only 4 lec files (from disk01.lec to disk04.lec). For both my french versions, there are 8 lec files each time (from disk 01.lec to disk08.lec). Are 4 floppies versions of the french games have ever been released ? In that case, I'm gonna have to hunt Ebay or oldies shops to find them (yes, I'm crazy, but I want the original floppies, not just a copy)...

Any idea anyone ??? Help much appreciated...

Regards
LogicDeLuxe

Re: Monkey Island 1 french version : MT32 working or not ?

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

gamin wrote:Are 4 floppies versions of the french games have ever been released ?
The games are sould on DD and HD floppies at least for the 5,25" version. 3,5" versions are identical to the HD 5,25". It does not depend on the language, and it shouldn't matter for the Roland upgrade, either.