MUNT Windows Driver doesn't show up in ScummVM

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MusicallyInspired

MUNT Windows Driver doesn't show up in ScummVM

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I'm using a recent build of the WDM MUNT driver. When I first used it it worked fine in ScummVM. Now it doesn't show up at all. As if it doesn't exist. It works fine everywhere else including DOSBox, Putzlowitschs MIDI Mapper, and anything else but ScummVM just ignores it. I have switched from my own compiled build of ScummVM to the most recent development build by buildbot. Is that the difference? All my other MIDI devices show but not MUNT. Has ScummVM been hardcoded to block MUNT?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Re: MUNT Windows Driver doesn't show up in ScummVM

Post by md5 »

MusicallyInspired wrote:I'm using a recent build of the WDM MUNT driver. When I first used it it worked fine in ScummVM. Now it doesn't show up at all. As if it doesn't exist. It works fine everywhere else including DOSBox, Putzlowitschs MIDI Mapper, and anything else but ScummVM just ignores it. I have switched from my own compiled build of ScummVM to the most recent development build by buildbot. Is that the difference? All my other MIDI devices show but not MUNT. Has ScummVM been hardcoded to block MUNT?
There has been no such announcement, so no, ScummVM has not been hardcoded to block anything. This is a genuine bug/regression, and should be reported as such to our bug tracker.

Please don't jump to such unfounded conclusions, because you're only hurting the project instead of helping it.
MusicallyInspired

Jump to conclusions? Excuse me I was just asking an afterthought question. I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. Geez.
athrxx
ScummVM Developer

Post by athrxx »

Do you at least get the default Windows GM emulator ("Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth [Windows Midi]") or any other Windows Midi devices?

I have never tried the munt WDM driver myself. But ScummVM simply iterates over the available devices via midiOutGetDevCaps() and saves the device names in a list. No available device should be skipped here.

Which version of that WDM driver did you use (where did you download it)?
MusicallyInspired

Yes, all my other MIDI devices show up as normal. And I know that the MUNT WDM driver is not in use because other programs can access it when set to it. It's strange.

I'm using one of the latest builds that has near 100% perfect MT-32 emulation and sounds pretty much exactly like the real thing. It was compiled and/or packaged by a friend of mine. I assume he took it from the latest source code.

Like I said, it was working fine before. I was using it with all my ScummVM games flawlessly but then at some point (I believe when I stopped using my own compiled builds and downloaded the buildbot version) it just stopped showing up. I can double check and try compiling my own build again but right now I don't have a dev environment set up for ScummVM.