OSX Lion and Fullscreen

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

larsb

preliminary fix

Post by larsb »

I have hacked together a Lion compatible version of ScummVM 1.3.1 so that we don't have to do without our games until an official version is released. You can download it here:

http://ul.to/rihg04rd

I hope it works for you, too.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

What exactly did you "hack together" there?

If you just built with a recent SDL checkout, please says that.
Otherwise, if you actually changed some code, you're obligated under the terms of the GPL to provide those changes. Also, we always love patches *hinthint*. :P
larsb

Post by larsb »

No, I didn't have to chance anything in the code. The problems with Lion have indeed already been fixed in the SDL repository.

However, I had some problems with the default build settings of SDL (some blitting code didn't work) and instead of finding out why it didn't work, I simply used the "--disable-assembler" switch.

I also didn't bother to find out how to build a real ScummVM 32-/64-bit app package and simply copied the 64-bit executable into an existing ScummVM.app bundle.

So the "hacked together" simply meant that this version is not a carefully created build of ScummVM that could be officially released as is, but just something that should work for Lion users (who all have 64-bit support and fast computers) in the meantime.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

I've updated the SDL version on buildbot.scummvm.org to the latest HG head, so the next nightly build should hopefully have this issue fixed. I haven't upgraded to Lion yet myself so I can't test it though, so let me know :).
aculotarpa

Post by aculotarpa »

It works! I can't believe it! (cit)
McFray

Post by McFray »

@ larsb: Works!! Thanks a lot ... There's just one thing i noticed. There is no sound at the game "The Secret Of Monkey Island (CD/DOS/German)"
All the other games work just perfect. Thank you.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

McFray wrote:@ larsb: Works!! Thanks a lot ... There's just one thing i noticed. There is no sound at the game "The Secret Of Monkey Island (CD/DOS/German)"
There are just a few sound effects and no speech, but if it's like the English CD version there should be music in some places. (Not wall-to-wall music, like the later games.) The music is in the form of audio tracks on the CD, though. ScummVM should be able to play them directly from the CD, but it's more practical to rip them to hard disk. The README file has some information about that, and there are probably some older posts on these forums about it as well.
McFray

Post by McFray »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
McFray wrote:@ larsb: Works!! Thanks a lot ... There's just one thing i noticed. There is no sound at the game "The Secret Of Monkey Island (CD/DOS/German)"
There are just a few sound effects and no speech, but if it's like the English CD version there should be music in some places. (Not wall-to-wall music, like the later games.) The music is in the form of audio tracks on the CD, though. ScummVM should be able to play them directly from the CD, but it's more practical to rip them to hard disk. The README file has some information about that, and there are probably some older posts on these forums about it as well.
Thanks, i will check.
zaanan

what is / will be the solution?

Post by zaanan »

Hi, maybe a stoopid question but, is 1.3.2 going to resolve this issue, or is there something else i need to do?
thx!
clone2727
Retired

Re: what is / will be the solution?

Post by clone2727 »

zaanan wrote:is 1.3.2 going to resolve this issue
There are no plans for a 1.3.2 release.
zaanan wrote:or is there something else i need to do?
Be patient and wait. Having SDL release a new version is not in our hands.
zaanan

Post by zaanan »

clone2727 wrote:
zaanan wrote:is 1.3.2 going to resolve this issue
There are no plans for a 1.3.2 release.
zaanan wrote:or is there something else i need to do?
Be patient and wait. Having SDL release a new version is not in our hands.
thanks. let me try again: what exactly am i waiting for? an sdl patch, a new os x patch, a scummvm patch, or something else? merely looking for info on the actual avenue of upcoming issue resolutiom, not demanding that it be done yesterday. it's not clear from this thread to the uninitiated like me.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

zaanan wrote:thanks. let me try again: what exactly am i waiting for?
A new SDL version that fixes the fullscreen issue. Hence:
clone2727 wrote:Having SDL release a new version is not in our hands.
pankratz

Post by pankratz »

Thanks again for the quick unofficial sdl-patch-version! New mac and no ScummVM? No way... :D
zaanan

Post by zaanan »

Nevermind, I just installed the patched version that was linked above. Thanks for uploading that! Normally I don't like to install unofficial patches in case they hose stuff, but this seems to be ok.

I will check back later for the official update (whatever it is).

Thanks!
clone2727 wrote:
zaanan wrote:thanks. let me try again: what exactly am i waiting for?
A new SDL version that fixes the fullscreen issue. Hence:
clone2727 wrote:Having SDL release a new version is not in our hands.
Helge

Post by Helge »

The unofficial version fails here to run with Fate of Atlantis Talky.

Is there any chance we can get the official build fixed?

Edit: Nevermind. The nightly build has the fixes and works just fine.