Dagger of Amon Ra save games?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

torrazk

Dagger of Amon Ra save games?

Post by torrazk »

I read the forum rules and am not 100% sure on the legality of asking for save games. I mistakenly overwrote my "earlier" save game in LB2 and am @ the end of the game and am missing an item (Steve's boots) making the game unbeatable. I thought I should post before trying to replay the entire thing. Thanks to anyone who can help me out on this one.

Edit: This probably belongs in "The Junkyard", my bad.
Last edited by torrazk on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torrazk

Post by torrazk »

Also, if anyone has any ideas on this, can save games be manipulated with a hex editor or are they just memory stamps?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

torrazk wrote:Also, if anyone has any ideas on this, can save games be manipulated with a hex editor or are they just memory stamps?
No, they can't be manipulated at all. They contain script and object information, and if you mess with that without knowing what you're doing, you may corrupt the saved game completely.

If you wish, you can teleport to the room that contains the boots using the in-built debugger. Press Control-Shift-D to open it. Use the "room" command without parameters to check the current room and "room X" to teleport to room X (where X is a number).
torrazk

Post by torrazk »

Very clever md5, I didn't know about this. Unfortunately for me, the boots aren't in the room anymore, I think the game pretty much "freezes" anything outside the parameters of the chase sequence when it begins (if you're familiar with DoAR). I was able to get in touch with someone else on the forum who may be able to get me a save file.

Thanks for your note on the save games, makes sense.