Compiled ScummVM no longer runs (MinGW)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

KuroShiro

Compiled ScummVM no longer runs (MinGW)

Post by KuroShiro »

Ok, so, I usually compile my own build of ScummVM on both Windows and Linux, and I've run into some problems since the release of 1.3.0. On Linux everything still works fine, but when compiling on Windows 7 with MinGW, the .exe produced now no longer runs. The console and ScummVM windows both open briefly, and immediately close. There is no console output if run from cmd.exe.

I have changed nothing about my setup, and it worked fine during release testing, so I can only assume something has changed on ScummVM's side. Anyone have any idea what the problem is? The daily builds still work, but those don't seem to have all engines enabled atm.
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Here everything is working fine...

Windows 7 SP1 32 bits, MSYS+mingw all engines enabled
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Did you copy the SDL dlls in the executable directory?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Strangerke wrote:Did you copy the SDL dlls in the executable directory?
Yes, unless there has been an update in the last couple days which breaks compatibility.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

After testing things a bit, it seems the problem is that the 32bit version of ScummVM will no longer run properly on 64bit Windows 7 -- the w32 daily build does not work, but the w64 one does.

So, does anyone know how to compile for 64bit OSes?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

KuroShiro wrote:After testing things a bit, it seems the problem is that the 32bit version of ScummVM will no longer run properly on 64bit Windows 7 -- the w32 daily build does not work, but the w64 one does.
I can't say that this happens on my system. I build the Win32 release builds on my Win7 amd64 and the build just worked fine.
KuroShiro wrote:So, does anyone know how to compile for 64bit OSes?
In principle there are two possible ways:
- Use MSVC
- Use MinGW64