VGA loom with Roland update patch

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

adventur

VGA loom with Roland update patch

Post by adventur »

Hi, my query is as following: would there be a way (using ScummVM of course) to play loom VGA version using the roland update patch? I find the cd version to be somewhat lacking in a decent soundtrack, there are just too many silent moments. Meanwhile, the disk version, has the gorgeous mt-32 soundtrack running throughout the game, but has very inferior graphics. Is there a way to tweak ScummVM to obtain the best of each versions, using different audio resources?
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

No way. The talkie CD has no MIDI support.

You might be interrested in the FM-Towns version, which has all the tracks in CD audio and the VGA graphics including all the close ups (and no spoken text). That version is very expensive, though.
adventur

Post by adventur »

Yeah, I know about the loom fm-towns, but the thing is, I found out that early cd-audio or redbook was quite lacking for some reason, since it was still new at the time, I think the enhanced midi is still superior, but I don't mind the speech though.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

If you have the FM-Towns version, you could record the MT-32 tracks and use them as CD audio or as compressed files with ScummVM.
adventur

Post by adventur »

That sounds interesting, is there a way to extract the midi music from the data files?
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Soundfont Island is your friend.
adventur

Post by adventur »

Very nice indeed, if I can achieve a VGA loom with roland support that would be great :lol: but I'd have to make sure the FM-Towns score is actually the same as the midi tracks, for authenticity purposes.
adventur

Post by adventur »

actually switching between audio tracks didn't work at all, & the fm towns has 16 tracks wich is 7 more than the floppy midi offers.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Yor read the text on the link above? There, all tracks are listed with titles.
The FM-Towns version has two versions of the soundtrack. You only need 8 tracks for one soundtrack.
Also one track includes two of the midi tracks (like in Monkey 1).