Leisure Suit Larry 6/7 - Game Data Not Found

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jaybeebrad

Leisure Suit Larry 6/7 - Game Data Not Found

Post by jaybeebrad »

All of this stuff is VERY new to me, and I'm trying my best, so please be patient with me :D

I'm running Windows 7. I've tried to load Leisure Suit Larry (6 and 7) into ScummVM. When I try to play, I get the error "Error Running Game: Game Data Not Found".

In the game settings this info is entered:
ID: sci
Name: Sierra SCI Game (DOS/English)
Platform: DOS

I'm really at a complete loss for what to do... :(

Just to say; I got 7th Guest to work perfectly...
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

LSL7 is not supported yet and won't work. For LSL6, only the low-resolution version is supported. Make sure you're using the right files -- just copy the whole lores folder from the cd.
Angelus3K

Post by Angelus3K »

Is it possible to play the non CD version of LSL6 but use the voices/resource.aud from the CD version?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Angelus3K wrote:Is it possible to play the non CD version of LSL6 but use the voices/resource.aud from the CD version?
You could try, but it seems unlikely that the game scripts would be able to properly call the audio, or even use the file.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

That won't work. For one thing they're from two completely different versions of the SCI engine, let alone Kuro's explanation.
Collector

Post by Collector »

What would be the point, anyway? If you already have the CD for the audio file, just play the CD version.
MusicallyInspired

Well, to get voice working in ScummVM I guess. Some people still don't want to mess with DOSBox, strangely. :)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Well, to get voice working in ScummVM I guess. Some people still don't want to mess with DOSBox, strangely. :)
Well, DOSBox and ScummVM have different goals. People might like X or Y or both. It's called choice. We don't live in a world where everyone uses Ubuntu, for example.
Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Henry_Ford
MusicallyInspired

Yeah, I get it. It was a joke. See the smiley?
Angelus3K

Post by Angelus3K »

Hehe, in my case I want to run the games on iPad. I've heard there is a Dosbox port called Dospad but haven't used if yet.