Adventure Game Interpreter Combat

AGI, SCI, Wintermute, Sludge engines fangame creation discussion

Moderators: ScummVM Team, AGI moderators

klownstein

Adventure Game Interpreter Combat

Post by klownstein »

AGI Combat *Now Available for Download*

Have you ever wondered what would happen if Sonny Bonds came across Manannan? What would happen if Wilco ran afoul of Jerrod? Now you can find out in Adventure Game Interpreter Combat! Inspired by the classic Sierra adventure games of yesteryear, Adventure Game Interpreter Combat pits heros and villians from your favorite games against each other in a battle to the death. Written in the original Adventure Game Interpreter style, programming, and graphics, Adventure Game Interpreter Combat really is a look back at a relic from the past. Enjoy challenging your friends, or your enemies as the case may be, in this high impact combat game!

https://sites.google.com/site/klownstein/agi-combat

Disclaimer: This is a fanmade game. Although I have personally drawn all the characters used in Adventure Game Interpreter Combat, they are based on characters from classic Sierra adventure games. I do not own any any of the characters or classic games represented and they remain the property of Sierra.

Last edited by klownstein on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

That's pretty awesome! Reminds me of the Adventure Combat game made in AGS (I think) out of Sierra and LucasArts characters.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Nice :) A bit odd, but a good idea nonetheless
klownstein

Post by klownstein »

AGI combat version 1.0 is now available for download. Comments and/or suggestions are welcome.
-klownstein
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Nice work! I tried it out. I like the style of gameplay. Works well for the AGI engine. It's simple but certainly leaves room for skill. And the animations are so fluid! It's not a fast-paced fighter but I could see myself enjoying it.

My only slight problems with it are that you can only play against another human player (no AI competitor), each player can only choose an exclusive set of characters to play as and the other player has his own set which can't be traded off, and I kinda wish there were different costumes for each character. There was also that one scene from Gold Rush! where a tree is blocking a lot of the characters which is a little annoying.

I think your AGI recreations of SCI game characters like the hero from QFG for instance were fantastic. And again the animation was very fluid and well done! Really nice work, klownstein!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Added detection for it in our latest source code tree.