Welcome to new forums

AGI, SCI, Wintermute, Sludge engines fangame creation discussion

Moderators: ScummVM Team, AGI moderators

Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Yes, it's good to see that it has been changed! :)
lwc

Post by lwc »

What is this forum about? Its title is "Fangame Creation" but it currently only has 2 topics and they are about totally unrelated issues. Those topics are technical questions about official games.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

That's because this part of the forum is young. As both Mega-Tokyo and AGIGames forums are down, we opened a forum to host the AGI/SCI devs. Of course, it seems that it went unnoticed for the moment...

But of course, don't hesitate to start a new thread concerning specific questions about AGI/SCI development!
lwc

Post by lwc »

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Those don't seem related to AGI/SCI game development though, they seem to be about SCI engine development/Sierra SCI games. This sub forum was specifically opened to be a forum for AGI/SCI game development as Strangerke explained already.

I guess in case no people from the mentioned forums are migrating to this one it should rather be closed again.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I was all for this section for AGI/SCI fan game creation to get more attention and traffic, but it doesn't look like anyone's interested. We opened an AGI section at the SCI Community website as well and nobody has migrated from Mega-Tokyo there either.
Collector

Post by Collector »

I hadn't looked at that forum in quite a while. It might not have been getting enough traffic for Chris to renew the account for the site.
MusicallyInspired

Still, there was a lot of valuable archived information there. Hopefully he backed it up...just wish there was some way to contact him.
lwc

Post by lwc »

If this forum is not about Sierra, why does it currently only have topics about Sierra? Why don't you move them away if they don't belong here?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

lwc wrote:If this forum is not about Sierra, why does it currently only have topics about Sierra? Why don't you move them away if they don't belong here?
This forum is about fangames for SCI/AGI, so there is certainly a strong connection to Sierra... But yeah, there were two topics which had nothing to do with fangames, and I just moved them to more appropriate subforums.
lance.ewing

Post by lance.ewing »

MusicallyInspired wrote:I was all for this section for AGI/SCI fan game creation to get more attention and traffic, but it doesn't look like anyone's interested. We opened an AGI section at the SCI Community website as well and nobody has migrated from Mega-Tokyo there either.
I suspect that this may be due to the people from the old forum not knowing about the existence of this new forum. I have been waiting for the old AGI message board to come back up for a few weeks now. I had no idea that there was a forum on scummvm.org for AGI fanmade games. I was told about the new forum only this morning.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Spread the word! :-)
MusicallyInspired

We've been trying to get a hold of some AGIGames.com regulars, but we've had no replies.
lance.ewing

Post by lance.ewing »

I tried to contact a few AGI fanmade game fans using the email addresses on their web sites, which I guess is what you've also done. I do know that Nick from agidev.com is currently overseas (he is the one who told me about this new forum btw), so I'm sure he'll join us when he is back. I've let the author of WinAGI know about the new forum as well.

What I might do right now to help out is put a link from my web site and also add one to Wikipedia. I've noticed there is a link to the AGI specs on the scummvm site that is already on wikipedia, so a link to the message board should be fine.
MusicallyInspired

Sweet. Could you also add a link to sciprogramming.com? It'd be nice if we had more traffic there as well.