Localization for Star Trek: 25th Anniversary Enhanced CD-ROM

AGI, SCI, Wintermute, Sludge engines fangame creation discussion

Moderators: ScummVM Team, AGI moderators

hexaae

Localization for Star Trek: 25th Anniversary Enhanced CD-ROM

Post by hexaae »

I've read the scummVM team is working hard on the Star Trek: 25th Anniversary (Enhanced CD-ROM too?) support, and was wondering if this could be finally extended to support custom localized versions (Ita, Spa...) this game never had before...
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Localization for Star Trek: 25th Anniversary Enhanced CD-ROM

Post by Praetorian »

hexaae wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:12 am I've read the scummVM team is working hard on the Star Trek: 25th Anniversary (Enhanced CD-ROM too?) support, and was wondering if this could be finally extended to support custom localized versions (Ita, Spa...) this game never had before...
This is always a possibility, as long as someone from the existing team or a contributor from the community implements the support (this could be easy or could require lots of additional work), and then provide the localized texts too, and then keep maintaining it (fixing bugs, mistakes etc that are reported).

I would say that ScummVM makes this easier, by offering source code and (sometimes) dev tools, but the main requirement is someone (or a team) with a lot of enthusiasm has to put in the additional hours of work.
hexaae

Re: Localization for Star Trek: 25th Anniversary Enhanced CD-ROM

Post by hexaae »

I know someone who already translated the whole game in Ita...