[C#] Need help in reading data from SCI resource files

AGI, SCI, Wintermute, Sludge engines fangame creation discussion

Moderators: ScummVM Team, AGI moderators

mnem0nic

[C#] Need help in reading data from SCI resource files

Post by mnem0nic »

Hello, first of all I'm not sure this is the place to post this kind of question. However I trust in your judgement to (at least) point me to the right place. Thanks in advance! :) Now to the subject...

I'm trying hard to make an engine remake to the best adventure game in the world out there! SHIVERS by Sierra :).

The thing is I want this engine to be available publicly in the future so it has to use Shivers original data files. (the fact that the game is abbandoware doesn't help or does it? :P ) So I'm asking here, all the willing to help fellow programmers to provide me any kind of coding aid in this task which is properly reading resources from the Shivers data files. I will be happy if anyone could at least point me to complete documentation on how to read ressci.000 and resource.sfx and then interpret .p56, .v56 and sounds as proper graphic texture and sound asset or parhaps at best provide me with samples of code which would help me get this done.

I must say that I have experiance in asp.net, .net web-kind solutions but have too small knowledge about reading byte type data or low level operations on file streams and such. I'm making the engine in C# (multiplatform Monogame project).

I'll be glad if anyone could help! Thanks again.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Re: [C#] Need help in reading data from SCI resource files

Post by DrMcCoy »

mnem0nic wrote:I want this engine to be available publicly in the future so it has to use Shivers original data files. (the fact that the game is abbandoware doesn't help or does it? :P )
Nope, not possible, not legal. See also Rule #0.

Locking this topic.