Timidity is not working?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's OpenPandora port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

relapse808

Timidity is not working?

Post by relapse808 »

When I try to use timidity as the sound device and launch a game scummvm goes into debug mode. Is there anyway to fix this or am I doing something wrong?
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Re: Timidity is not working?

Post by DJWillis »

relapse808 wrote:When I try to use timidity as the sound device and launch a game scummvm goes into debug mode. Is there anyway to fix this or am I doing something wrong?
Did you install Timidity and some soundfonts on the OpenPandora?
relapse808

Re: Timidity is not working?

Post by relapse808 »

DJWillis wrote:
relapse808 wrote:When I try to use timidity as the sound device and launch a game scummvm goes into debug mode. Is there anyway to fix this or am I doing something wrong?
Did you install Timidity and some soundfonts on the OpenPandora?
I used the packaged PND installer. I forgot who packaged that. I do remember them saying its the soundsfonts and not the timidity engine itself so I am not sure if thats a issue. I really would like to have midi sounds instead of soundblaster if possible. Thanks DJWILLIS.

*** edit***

I think the debugger states "cannot open midi driver"
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Hi,

You may want to look at http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?/t ... -timidity/ and maybe http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?/t ... installer/

By packaging up Timidity as a PND it should get over some of the size issues installing it all to the NAND (with soundfonts).

I can't see any reason running it with ScummVM should be a problem either but I have not tried those builds (just a version I built myself some time ago).
relapse808

Post by relapse808 »

I tried Gruso's package and I get the same thing. Scummvm goes into debug mode stating "cannot open midi driver". I just wanted to say your pandora release of scummvm is fantastic and if I find a way to get this working it will be absolute perfection.

edit : I already had sebt's package installed before installing Gruso's ++ package.
Sprites

Post by Sprites »

Very thorough tutorial on the Timidity install. Worked perfectly in my Win 7 64 bit OS. Thanks for sharing!