Video: ScummVM on OpenPandora

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's OpenPandora port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fydo

Video: ScummVM on OpenPandora

Post by fydo »

Hey guys,

If you haven't seen this yet, I found a video of ScummVM running on what will eventually be the OpenPandora (the actual hardware in the video is a Beagleboard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfE2vSk3Hbc

Skip to about 2:10 for the ScummVM stuff. :)
Pretty cool!
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

wikipedia quote:
The Pandora is designed to be a handheld game console with high-end PDA capabilities, but may also be run as a low-powered full-featured Linux desktop.
The Pandora system by default come with an open source, Linux OS based on Ångström, running the minimal Matchbox window manager
[..]
CPU: 600 MHz OMAP3530 ARM Cortex-A8 (32 Bit) and
430 MHz TMS320C64x+ DSP Core, NEON & TRADE SIMD coprocessor
Storage capacity: Dual SDHC slots, 512 MB internal NAND, USB external storage
Graphics: PowerVR SGX 530 at 110 MHz
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, Bluetooth
Pretty cool, but it looks a bit clunky. I hope they can market that thing before hand-held computers get a lot smaller then that.
ScummVM running on it is not so surprising though, as Linux@ARM is pretty much already supported.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Re: Video: ScummVM on OpenPandora

Post by DJWillis »

fydo wrote:Hey guys,

If you haven't seen this yet, I found a video of ScummVM running on what will eventually be the OpenPandora (the actual hardware in the video is a Beagleboard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfE2vSk3Hbc

Skip to about 2:10 for the ScummVM stuff. :)
Pretty cool!
That is a MK2 development Pandora board in the video not a Beagle ;). That said, it also runs great on the Beagle (and just about anything else OMAP3 and Linux for that matter).

ScummVM runs very well 'out of the box' on the Pandora but I do have a few tweaks I plan to clean up and commit so that it can take advantage of a few of the device specific features the Pandora offers.