Beneath a Steel Sky doesn't work on 1.7.0

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's OpenPandora port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Edy

Beneath a Steel Sky doesn't work on 1.7.0

Post by Edy »

Hello,

Just wanted to report that Beneath a Steel Sky seems to be broken in latest OpenPandora port of ScummVM. The game files are available for free at GOG.com.

Launching the game within OpenPandora crashes ScummVM and returns to desktop without any error message.

Please let me know if I can provide further information. Is there some log I could look at?

Thanks!
Edy
Edy

Post by Edy »

Update: I've tested OpenPandora ScummVM version 1.5.0 with the same result.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

The latest release version for OpenPandora is v1.7.0 (which is still behind the current stable release of v1.8.0). Download and install this and try again:
http://scummvm.org/downloads/#older
Edy

Post by Edy »

I've already tested it in 1.7.0 and 1.5.0, with the same result.

I recall having played Beneath a Steel Sky perfectly on the GP2X port several years ago. So I don't think it's an issue of the ScummVM version but something intrinsic to the OpenPandora port.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Just trying this as I am working on 1.8.1 builds but normally BASS is on my test list, odd as I am sure I tested it with 1.7.0.

I'll dig out the OpenPandora and have a test at some point this week.
Edy

Post by Edy »

Thank you very much! I have the 1Gz Pandora, and I update the OS often. Maybe some package update broke it?

Please let me know if you need further information or I can help you in some way.
Edy

Post by Edy »

Just wanted to let you know that I've found the issue. "MT-32 Device" was set to "Timidity". This setting works with other games, but causes ScummVM to crash to desktop when launching BASS. Setting MT-32 to any other option works fine.