Lands of lore, plugins ?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

EowynCarter

Lands of lore, plugins ?

Post by EowynCarter »

I've been wanting to run lands of lore. But ScummVM won't recognise the game.

What do I need to get from the cd ?
Do I need plugin ? there are a non show for me on the market. How do I get them ?
what about the kyra.dat file.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Lands of lore, plugins ?

Post by LordHoto »

EowynCarter wrote:I've been wanting to run lands of lore. But ScummVM won't recognise the game.

What do I need to get from the cd ?
Do I need plugin ? there are a non show for me on the market. How do I get them ?
what about the kyra.dat file.
Lands of Lore is not supported officially, thus there should be no support for it in any official ScummVM release. So you are probably out of luck here.
EowynCarter

Post by EowynCarter »

oh, ok.

Will lands of lore be supported in the future ? Or shall I give up ?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

EowynCarter wrote:oh, ok.

Will lands of lore be supported in the future ? Or shall I give up ?
Lands of Lore will be supported in the future, it's not yet certain when exactly though.
AshEnke

Post by AshEnke »

I have to disagree with you.
There is the Kyra engine plugin on the market and on all different versions of the port, which theoratically allows us to launch Lands of Lore.

There are certain ports that can run it (i managed to launch it and started playing it with this buildd, though it was not perfect and a bit laggy), but it doesn't seel to work on other builds (scumm doesn't recognise the data files.)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

AshEnke wrote:I have to disagree with you.
There is the Kyra engine plugin on the market and on all different versions of the port, which theoratically allows us to launch Lands of Lore.
No, the Kyra plugin of 1.2.1 (or any earlier version) should not include any support for Lands of Lore, except the porter did a mistake and enable it by accident.
AshEnke wrote:There are certain ports that can run it (i managed to launch it and started playing it with this buildd, though it was not perfect and a bit laggy), but it doesn't seel to work on other builds (scumm doesn't recognise the data files.)
Right... that is an build of a development version though, thus my statement still holds true. Also it's no wonder why scumm doesn't detect the data files, it's no SCUMM engine game ;-).
AshEnke

Post by AshEnke »

Okay :)

I hope there is soon a fully working port !