Great android port for usability SDL 1.3.0svn54429

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

thenoise

Post by thenoise »

Wow

Thank you so much. That was so quick.

By far and away the best version of scummvm i've played.

All the best

Rob
ras2a

Post by ras2a »

I just don't know where to extract the 'app-data' zip to... It doesn't seem to matter where I place the files, I still get the "error downloading data" error after initial configuration. Could someone tell me how exactly how they have set this up on their android device?

Thanks guys

-ras
Pushwall

Post by Pushwall »

ras2a wrote:I just don't know where to extract the 'app-data' zip to... It doesn't seem to matter where I place the files, I still get the "error downloading data" error after initial configuration. Could someone tell me how exactly how they have set this up on their android device?
I already had a directory called 'app-data' on my SD card. So I selected 'org.scummvm.sdl' that is within app-data in the zip file and copied that into the 'app-data' directory.
ras2a

Post by ras2a »

Ok thanks mate, I'll give that a shot tonight
ras2a

Post by ras2a »

Ok,

I have copied the 'org.scummvm.sdl' from the zip file into a folder called 'app-data', which is in the root of my SD card...

So, it looks like: x:\app-data\org.scummvm.sdl

I then try launching Scumm and still get "error downloading data from the scummvm-app-data.zip" error.

I can't see what I'm doing wrong here?

thanks folks

ras
ras2a

Post by ras2a »

I just cannot understand what I'm doing wrong here. I've completely uninstalled the program now, then re-installed it and also downloaded the app-data zip again. I extracted the contents of this folder to my SD Card like this: X:\app-data\org.scummvm.sdl\libsdl-DownloadFinished-0.flag....libsdl-DownloadFinished-2.flag etc etc...

I run the program, set the basic configuration and I still get error downloading data... or sometimes the program just sits there showing the SDL splash screen with 'initializing' in the top left corner. I REALLY want to get this to work, but I'm tearing my hair out here and wondered if I'm missing something VERY simple?!

Can someone please assist?

Thanks guys

ras
ras2a

Post by ras2a »

I have tried placing the extracted contents of the zip file on my SD card as follow: X:\app-data\org.scummvm.sdl (with all the extracted files in here). However, no matter what option I choose in the 'where to download application data' folder (internal storage, sd card or specify directory), the error still appears. Do I actually need to download the zip file and extract it? Is there a way of telling the program to not download the data?

I REALLY want to use this port of ScummVM, but I'm getting a little frustrated with this

Any help would be awesome - cheers guys

ras
ras2a

Post by ras2a »

Thank Lubmyor - latest build works great! No more app-data issues here.

Awesome!

ras
eric-the-ded

Post by eric-the-ded »

So far so good. No glitches and every game I've tried runs smoothly on my Intercept.

My only problem is with the ScummVM UI. The text is unreadable. It looks like this port uses the PC version of the UI as apposed to the official Android port's UI. If I wasn't already familiar with the layout, I wouldn't have known how to load a game.
Is there a way to adjust the ScummVM interface to make it readable?

To clarify, I'm only talking about the ScummVM user interface text. The in-game text is perfectly fine.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

eric-the-ded wrote: My only problem is with the ScummVM UI. The text is unreadable. It looks like this port uses the PC version of the UI as apposed to the official Android port's UI. If I wasn't already familiar with the layout, I wouldn't have known how to load a game.
Is there a way to adjust the ScummVM interface to make it readable?
Try press 'Option' button in scummvm-gui, and change in Graphics tab, graphics mode from 2x to Normal (no-scaling) then restart scummvm.
ras2a

Post by ras2a »

Maybe you need to change it to use the 4:3 format (retain aspect ratio). I actually prefer this view over the stretched view.. I like it to look 'authentic', rather than use the different filters available
eric-the-ded

Post by eric-the-ded »

Lubomyr wrote: Try press 'Option' button in scummvm-gui, and change in Graphics tab, graphics mode from 2x to Normal (no-scaling) then restart scummvm.
Worked like a charm.
You're my hero. Thanks.
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

this is amazing. i'm on a coby kyros tablet and there's basically only one hardware button available so right clicking and keyboard use were non-existent. you made it possible for me to play adventure games on my tablet, THANK YOU!!!!
da1writer

Post by da1writer »

Have to say this is the best port/version of Scummvm I've seen on Android as the official one uses no sort of filtering to look less jagged and yours actually supports the Windows Version of the game I hold dear to my heart Kings Quest VI. No long load time, loads right up and your Scummvm port has literally so many options to choose from, I literally get lost sometimes :lol: ! Thanks for apps2SD support as well as other SD incentives! Thanks for all your work!
striderkog

Help with Comi inventory; can't nail down the murphy bed!

Post by striderkog »

I posted this in the main forum, but haven't gotten a response. I figured i'd try it here;

I'm frustrated to no end! I know you have to use the coffin nails to hold down the bed in the hotel room, but I can't click off the inventory box without touching another part of the screen, causing guybrush to move, and the bed to fold back up! Is there a way to close the inventory box while still having the nails as the cursor, without touching the screen. I have tried bringing up the scummvm keyboard and entering , but this drops the coffin nails before closing the inventory. I'm using an HTC evo with the latestSDL version found in the thread further down this page. Help! I really want to beat this game! And props to all the wonderful people that have made Scummvm possible, btw![/list]