ScummVM 1.2.0 for Android?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lbds137

not working on D1

Post by lbds137 »

I installed the Android binary listed in Downloads, but it just hangs (after the initial loading screen) on my original Droid. I noticed that the app was trying to write a 10+ MB file in its data folder, called libscummvm.so (or something like that).
Lan

Post by Lan »

The 10mb cache auto-clears after you close though
Lan

Post by Lan »

porga wrote:This Android binary on download page http://scummvm.org/downloads/

is this something new?

I didn't see it few days ago?

Also, I cannot see it on market?

Please explain, is this momolitic package or something else, newer?
Well noticed - The monolitic one was 'pre' I guess for 'prerelease' or something - maybe this one is the actual release now... just downloading to try!
Biont

Post by Biont »

Too bad it didn't solve the zooming dialogue issue for me :?
thethreeheadedmonkey

Post by thethreeheadedmonkey »

too bad that both versions (the monolithic "pre" and the official one) don't work on my gt540 (android 1.6). all i got after starting was a black screen. had to deinstall. all game saves of course lost. looking for old version on market now.
porga

Post by porga »

If developer reads this I have one proposition.

Since my phone has D-pad it would be nice to have pointer acceleration (longer pres in some direction)

it is hard to chase pixels on the screen with top of finger, and cursor-pointer is very slow.

Acceleration should solve this problem
Lan

Post by Lan »

thethreeheadedmonkey wrote:too bad that both versions (the monolithic "pre" and the official one) don't work on my gt540 (android 1.6). all i got after starting was a black screen. had to deinstall. all game saves of course lost. looking for old version on market now.
I thought this one was for 2.0+
porga

Post by porga »

Lan wrote:
thethreeheadedmonkey wrote:too bad that both versions (the monolithic "pre" and the official one) don't work on my gt540 (android 1.6). all i got after starting was a black screen. had to deinstall. all game saves of course lost. looking for old version on market now.
I thought this one was for 2.0+
it is.
thethreeheadedmonkey

Post by thethreeheadedmonkey »

Big rewrite to use portable Android APIs. Should work on all Android devices (newer than Android 1.5), but I think its busted on G1 for some reason. Testing appreciated.
from http://sites.google.com/site/scummvmandroid
vatvedt

Post by vatvedt »

ScummVM 1.2.0 worked great on my Hero using Froydvillain 1.5.0, but switching to Floyo 1.1.9 seems to be a bad idea ScummVM-wise.

All I get when running ScummVM 1.2.0 on Floyo is a black screen after the bar has counted to 100%.

The unofficial works though, but on that one the music is borked/skipping on the Hero. :/

Any ideas?

Edit: Found the error. The Floyo Sense theme broke ScummVM. Reverted to original theme, and all was well.
lbds137

Post by lbds137 »

vatvedt wrote:ScummVM 1.2.0 worked great on my Hero using Froydvillain 1.5.0, but switching to Floyo 1.1.9 seems to be a bad idea ScummVM-wise.

All I get when running ScummVM 1.2.0 on Floyo is a black screen after the bar has counted to 100%.

The unofficial works though, but on that one the music is borked/skipping on the Hero. :/

Any ideas?

Edit: Found the error. The Floyo Sense theme broke ScummVM. Reverted to original theme, and all was well.
I'm getting the same black screen on my Froyo Droid 1. I'm running Bugless Beast 0.5 with the Smoked Glass theme. Do you think the theme is the reason why ScummVM isn't working for me?
vatvedt

Post by vatvedt »

lbds137 wrote:I'm getting the same black screen on my Froyo Droid 1. I'm running Bugless Beast 0.5 with the Smoked Glass theme. Do you think the theme is the reason why ScummVM isn't working for me?
Hard to say, but easy to find out. If your phone is rooted, you could just do a nandroid backup, wipe everything, flash the rom and install ScummVM first thing. If it's not working then, it might be the rom. If it's working, it's something you installed after flashing the rom.
pithanks

aspect ratio and full screen option are working?

Post by pithanks »

aspect ratio and full screen option are working?
brisssou

graphic modes?

Post by brisssou »

can we dream of graphic modes?
sirjorj

Hooray!!!

Post by sirjorj »

I got Fate of Atlantis (from the talkie CD) running on my Droid running BB.5 (no smoked glass)! Very cool! Thank you much!

jorj