ScummVM 1.2.0 for Android?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

apaapa

ScummVM 1.2.0 for Android?

Post by apaapa »

"we have a number of new ports: Android" the news said, but where can I find it? It's not on the Downloads-page, and not on Android Market.
KainXVIII

Post by KainXVIII »

Yeah, same question :evil:
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

KainXVIII, добрый ты наш, our Android porter has his real life and did not manage to provide the build. Sorry about that, we are all volunteers. I hope it will be uploaded soon.

Eugene
AnttiV

Post by AnttiV »

sev wrote:KainXVIII, добрый ты наш, our Android porter has his real life and did not manage to provide the build. Sorry about that, we are all volunteers. I hope it will be uploaded soon.

Eugene
Had the same question, but in that case - take your time mate. Real life is entirely much more important than us getting the build earlier.

Cheers, mate. And thanks for doing it in the first place :)
Veritas21885

Post by Veritas21885 »

I can't wait for the port
KainXVIII

Post by KainXVIII »

sev wrote:KainXVIII, добрый ты наш, our Android porter has his real life and did not manage to provide the build. Sorry about that, we are all volunteers. I hope it will be uploaded soon.

Eugene
Благодетель! Я же не тороплю, просто думал опять о нас забыли :)
I will be patient :)
Veritas21885

Post by Veritas21885 »

I will be patient :)
I will only for a little while-then some heads will roles :twisted:
clashfan

Post by clashfan »

Bummer, i've been waiting for this. Hope we get it soon.
kblood

Post by kblood »

I hope it will provide a way to right click and open a virtual keyboard on the Samsung Galaxy S. But they unofficial version does seem to make some games work.

Also it runs Simon the Sorcere 1 and 2 much better than my Hero did. I guess that is mostly because of the phone being faster. But I do miss being able to play the good adventure classics on my android phones.
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

Sorry all - I have been working on some non-ScummVM things and didn't see the 1.2 announcement until only very recently. I'll submit my Droid fixes and get a build up asap (and finally update the version on the Android market).
kblood wrote:I hope it will provide a way to right click and open a virtual keyboard on the Samsung Galaxy S. But they unofficial version does seem to make some games work.
I don't have a Galaxy to test against, but I predict the virtual keyboard will work and right clicking might not :/

(I need to add "long-press for right mouse". There has been all sorts of conflicting suggestions for input mapping on Android, but this one seems the most portable and obvious.)
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Post by jvprat »

gus wrote:(I need to add "long-press for right mouse". There has been all sorts of conflicting suggestions for input mapping on Android, but this one seems the most portable and obvious.)
I haven't played them for a long time, but I think Full Throttle and the Curse of Monkey Island require a long click to open the actions menu.
vatvedt

Post by vatvedt »

Yes, at least Full Throttle do req. a longpress to open the "action menu". I think Monkey Island 3 do the same.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Will the android port also have support for installation on the SD card?
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

Lizard wrote:Will the android port also have support for installation on the SD card?
Yes. Some stuff still needs to go on internal flash, but most of the package will be on SD card.
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

vatvedt wrote:Yes, at least Full Throttle do req. a longpress to open the "action menu". I think Monkey Island 3 do the same.
Grrr. This is why the right-mouse input sucks on Android - any input method I can think of has a corner case where it won't work :(