Android version (G1)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sanka31

Post by Sanka31 »

Np, happy to be useful ;) Now you could try to locate your autosave file path, maybe if you try to configure scummvm to save on the same path it would work ?
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

MIhirung wrote:OK, I am using the latest version of scummvm from the marketplace. I can bring up the GMM but cannot save (as outlined before).
The latest market version is still based on a ScummVM trunk version from a few months ago. I'll merge up to the latest trunk and release a new version so hopefully that will let you save via GMM.

In other news, I got hold of a G2 a week or so ago so implementing the virtual keyboard suddenly jumped higher on my todo list ;) Turns out it's not quite as simple as "showKeyboardNow()" but I'm working on it.
MIhirung

Post by MIhirung »

Excellent, I'll keep an eye out for that update.

Turns out autosave doesn't work when the screen is locked. Makes sense I suppose as the game is paused and no game time is passing, so it doesn't save every 5 mins. But makes relying on autosave a pain.

Thanks for your work Gus.
Sanka31

Post by Sanka31 »

I think I Found how I did to ungrey save/load !!

First you need a save file (made with autosave).
After that, be certain to load the saved game DIRECTLY from scummVM main menu (don't press "Start" on right lower corner, but "load" on the left).

Once you loaded that way, you should be able to save/load anytime you want ;)

@Gus :
Hi and thanks for your work, this app is awesome !
About the virtual keyboard, don't know if it really worth the work... I needed it only once, for the security code of MI2, and it can be entered on a PC version of scummVM.
In game, having a keyboard covering half of screen isn't very nice, even if it's only for shortcuts (but maybe some games need one, I don't know).

Anyway, if you really want to add this feature, you have to know that android's virtual keyboard can be called anytime with a long press on "menu" key. But on ScummVM, as menu key call scummVM's menu (logic^^), keyboard doesn't show up.

But knowing that will help you, maybe ;)
MIhirung

Post by MIhirung »

Don't tell him that! lol

I'm sure it will be useful somewhere else!

Your method didn't work for me I'm afraid. I did as you suggested but no change to the greying out. In any case, autosave has only worked once for me, despite playing for 30 mins with 'save every five mins' on it saved a grand total of one file, at the point just after the intro.

Someone post here when the new update is published. Can't wait gus, you are single-handedly making android (more) awesome.
MIhirung

Post by MIhirung »

Scrap that, autosave does work. I got my paths mixed up. Menu saving still no luck.
Rhendash

Post by Rhendash »

Hi,

I have the same problem to save with monkey island 3.
Autosave work so it's ok.

But, i have installed Brokensword 2, and in this game, it's impossible to save in-game without physical keyboard ( on HC Magic and Hero ).
I have tested the autosave, and in this game doesn't work.
Load and Save are grey on the menu of Scummvm.

On the market, the lastest version of Scummvm is the 0.14svn.

Here is the list of problems for me on HTC Magic and Hero ( no physical keyboard ) :

- Indiana jones and the last crusade : the fight is impossible

- Monkey Island 3 : save/load scummvm doesn't work ( grey ), autosaves it's ok .

- Bargon Attack : can't to play, intro need to press F1 or F2. Load/save doesn't work ( and load to Main menu too ).

- Broken sword 2 : for save in-game, we need to use physical keyboard. Load/save, & autosaves of scummvm doesn't work.
Jesugandalf

Post by Jesugandalf »

What I really miss from the Android ScummVM version is the possibility to run all the Kyrandia games. It seems the engine kyra.dat is missing in the version of the program available in the Android market, and those games cannot be played.

A pity. If I knew how to modify the .apk file to include the kyra.dat engine, I'd do it myself. I love those games.
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

Jesugandalf wrote:What I really miss from the Android ScummVM version is the possibility to run all the Kyrandia games. It seems the engine kyra.dat is missing in the version of the program available in the Android market, and those games cannot be played.

A pity. If I knew how to modify the .apk file to include the kyra.dat engine, I'd do it myself. I love those games.
I carefully pack kyra.dat in scummvm.apk, but I gather the kyrandia engine wants it in with the game files instead of on --extrapath.

Unfortunately the exact kyra.dat keeps changing every time I sync against a newer scummvm trunk, but for now this file is the one you want:

http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... hrev=38711

I'll try to come up with some way to get it to use a dat file shipped along with the engine instead.
Jesugandalf

Post by Jesugandalf »

Thanks very much, it works! ;)
baycruiser

Discworld

Post by baycruiser »

Hey guys new to the whole scummvm thing..

I managed to grab a huge scummvm game pack from somewhere else on the net with lots of games plus the scummvm program. One of the games i was really wanting to play was discworld, now i can get it to run on the PC and Wii versions of Scumm but not on the Android version.. is there something im not doing or is it a problem that can be remedied??

Many Thanks
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

The mods here are pretty serious about forum rule #0. You have a warez version = you get no help.
It's a pitty because I know the answer to this one.
baycruiser

Post by baycruiser »

thanks for the heads up.. not wanting to break the rules :)
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

lol, its so funny how the mods on all these different sites go crazy about warez. who honestly wants to pay for like 15 year old software? warez warez warez warez warez. lmao.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

sblaise84 wrote:lol, its so funny how the mods on all these different sites go crazy about warez. who honestly wants to pay for like 15 year old software? warez warez warez warez warez. lmao.
The question is not whether you want to pay or not. By law it's just that distributing/downloading the game without permissions from the copyright holders is illegal. You can find information about that over here: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Copyright_FAQ
I carefully pack kyra.dat in scummvm.apk, but I gather the kyrandia engine wants it in with the game files instead of on --extrapath
Actually KYRA does search through all setup directories. I personally have my kyra.dat in my extrapath and that works just fine. And actually I would recommend everyone out there NOT to place kyra.dat in their game data files.