Android version (G1)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rewguy

Sam n Max

Post by rewguy »

This port is amazing. No lag, great controls. Thanks!

I did find a problem though -- Sam n Max, I cannot enter the room on the end of the Mystery Vortex. The game crashes and the debugger spits out this:

Error: (40:1002:0x9C75): Costume 206 not in room 40

Has anyone else gotten past this point?
fdisk

Re: Sam n Max

Post by fdisk »

rewguy wrote:This port is amazing. No lag, great controls. Thanks!

I did find a problem though -- Sam n Max, I cannot enter the room on the end of the Mystery Vortex. The game crashes and the debugger spits out this:

Error: (40:1002:0x9C75): Costume 206 not in room 40

Has anyone else gotten past this point?
I did, I beat the whole game in fact. Sorry I'm not a whole lot of help...
rewguy

Post by rewguy »

That does help! It means there is hope. I'll see if I can work around it. Thanks
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

With the "standard" version of ScummVM, odd crashes that others can't reproduce often means the game data files have been corrupted or truncated somehow. I don't know if that also applies to handheld versions, or if they have their own set of potential problems.
blunden

Post by blunden »

gus wrote:
blunden wrote:The port runs great. It would be nice if the Magic was taken into consideration. There are a lot of phones coming up without hardware keyboard so it should be worth doing. :)
I agree completely :)
I've been working on other stuff lately so haven't had time to work out how to fire up the onscreen keyboard - I expect it's very simple.
Nice to see that you intend to improve it even more. :)
Sanka31

Post by Sanka31 »

Hi all !
I'm here to ask for help please...
I have the G2 android phone, and I just finished Monkey Island 1 (awesome^^).
I wanted to play to MI2, but as the G2 has no physical keyboard, I can't enter the code on the verification disks, impossible for me to launch it. But I found some save files, so I managed to launch the game near from the beginning, but I still miss a part of the game...
So it would be great if someone here could launch the game and save it as soon as the disk code is entered, so I can have the whole game, including the introduction and the title screen ! (I'm not asking for a hack, just a save file^^)

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english... Btw, I'm playing on the french version of the game, don't know if the savefiles are specific to the language...?
herman3101

HTC Hero

Post by herman3101 »

Heya,

fantastic work on this. Just wanted to say it loads on fine on the HTC Hero but does not respond to trackball presses. The trackball moves the cursor fine but nothing happens if you press it in.

Cheers,

Phil
Sanka31

Post by Sanka31 »

Sanka31 wrote:Hi all !
I'm here to ask for help please...
I have the G2 android phone, and I just finished Monkey Island 1 (awesome^^).
I wanted to play to MI2, but as the G2 has no physical keyboard, I can't enter the code on the verification disks, impossible for me to launch it. But I found some save files, so I managed to launch the game near from the beginning, but I still miss a part of the game...
So it would be great if someone here could launch the game and save it as soon as the disk code is entered, so I can have the whole game, including the introduction and the title screen ! (I'm not asking for a hack, just a save file^^)

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english... Btw, I'm playing on the french version of the game, don't know if the savefiles are specific to the language...?
Ok I made the save file needed myself, from my computer. The game is saved right after the anti-hack system, you won't miss a second from the intro. The difficulty is Hard, and the save file is from french CD version, but I think it's compatible with any language.
Just unzip it in in your save path, and load game via scummvm, just tested it, works fine. Enjoy ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GSGW22DZ
MIhirung

Post by MIhirung »

Hi chaps,

I'm using Scummvm to play Curse of Monkey Island on the HTC hero and it works great. But I can't save. The 'menu' button brings up the scummvm menu, and the save and load buttons are greyed out. I have no keyboard so cannot use shift+num to bring up the game-specific menu.

Any idea how to do this?
Much obliged...
Sanka31

Post by Sanka31 »

Hi !
Did you try to choose the save path ? Before launching any game, take a look in "options" and/or "edit game", then "path", and choose directly the game path for the 3 options. Worked for me on htc magic, without any physical keyboard ;)
MIhirung

Post by MIhirung »

The game data files are on the sd card. I chose sd card as the path in all three options in 'edit game', and 'options'. But the save and load choices are still greyed out when I press menu during COMI gameplay. Puzzling. How do you save using your magic?

Cheers for your help.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

MIhirung wrote:The game data files are on the sd card. I chose sd card as the path in all three options in 'edit game', and 'options'. But the save and load choices are still greyed out when I press menu during COMI gameplay. Puzzling. How do you save using your magic?
I remember there had been a bug recently in our code, which prevented it to save and load via the GMM (Ctrl+F5) in COMI. Loading via the normal SCUMM menu (F5) worked fine though. Probably your build was made from a revision, which included that bug. I guess you can't do anything about it except getting a build from a more recent version.
MIhirung

Post by MIhirung »

OK, I am using the latest version of scummvm from the marketplace. I can bring up the GMM but cannot save (as outlined before). I cannot seem to bring up the "normal scumm menu" or the in-game menu which might enable me to save.

Would great to be able to save during Curse of Monkey Island as the game runs so well on the Hero otherwise! But without save it's not very useful!

Thanks for all your help so far.
Sanka31

Post by Sanka31 »

MIhirung wrote:How do you save using your magic?
Hi !
To save I hit menu key (one of the few physical keys on my phone^^), it opens save/load/.../options/quit window.

But now I remember it took me a few time before finding how to save for 1st time, I'm not certain, but I wonder if maybe save and load were greyed at the biginning...
And I really don't remember how I did to save on 1st time, sorry... :/

EDIT : Did you try to enable autosave in the options ?
MIhirung

Post by MIhirung »

Autosave works! Thanks for the tip, I've got it saving every 5 mins.

Would love to find how to ungrey the save and load buttons at some point, but this will do for now!

Cheers Sanka31!