Android version (G1)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vlk

can't save game

Post by vlk »

When i try to save game, i press menu a nd there is disabled buttons save and load.
How can i save the game?
Thanks (for g1 port too)
tfrmb

Post by tfrmb »

Just wanted to say thanks to gus for porting this to my G1! Superb port, works pretty flawless (played for about an hour now).
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: can't save game

Post by eriktorbjorn »

vlk wrote:When i try to save game, i press menu a nd there is disabled buttons save and load.
Which game?
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

vlk wrote:When i try to save game, i press menu a nd there is disabled buttons save and load.
How can i save the game?
Depends on the game - only some of the engines save via the ScummVM menu. You probably have to press some function key, which on the android (with my latest scummvm version) means shift+num and get a game-specific save screen.
guino

cupcake

Post by guino »

Hi everybody,

First of all, Thanks gus for porting this to Anroid. It works nicely and I am fighting to solve The Dig on my daily train travels...

One question, I tried gus port on a cupcake installation on G1 and I get force close at start, any hint on what could be the cause?

Secondly, let me encourage both parts to find a way for an Android port into the official branch... I know it's easy for me to say this, but Android will not stop growing up, and this year we will see many new devices on the market.

Please just let me know If I can be of any help,
Thanks/guino

Edit: Maybe I missed this when I wrote the post. Just about the force close in cupcake, gus kindly has provided a version with cupcake ABI in here: http://sites.google.com/site/scummvmand ... edirects=0
Last edited by guino on Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
elmotheelk

Post by elmotheelk »

gus wrote:
Depends on the game - only some of the engines save via the ScummVM menu.
Yeah, this happens with Monkey Island 3 for example. I can only use the Menu+Num method to save. And loading only is available via the Scumm main menu.

I have tested Monkey 1-3, Broken Sword 1 and The Day of the Tentacle and all work great! (Only my Broken Sword version gives the error 'mpeg2 not supported', so videos don't work, but I think this is because of the version I am using.)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

elmotheelk wrote:I have tested Monkey 1-3, Broken Sword 1 and The Day of the Tentacle and all work great! (Only my Broken Sword version gives the error 'mpeg2 not supported', so videos don't work, but I think this is because of the version I am using.)
Either use the DXA movie pack from our website, or the original game movies. Support for the MPEG2 movies has been dropped in the current daily version (as the MPEG compression is lossy, and they were inferior to the original ones), and only DXAs (from our website) and the original movies are supported.
HaikuOf8-bit

Post by HaikuOf8-bit »

The G1 port is great, I would like to see you work on making it official gus.

I am having a problem. I can't seem to play broken sword it says I cant play the intro cutscene. Anyone else with this problem?
fdisk

Post by fdisk »

Gus, you f'ing rock! Thanks for the 1.5 Cupcake version, I downloaded it today from the market and works like a charm! (Well, I don't have sound, but beggars can't be chosers!)

Trying a ton of games now, thanks for all the hard work man! I'm looking forward to playing Monkey 1-3 all over again as well as Day of The Tentacle for the first time!

EDIT: I just tried Monkey 3 and the sound is flawless! I can live with no sound in Monkey 1, I've yet to test Monkey 2; but I am stoked that Monkey 3 has sound! Thanks again gus, you rock!

btw, is there any way to maybe increase the track ball sensitivity? It seems to be very low at the moment.
jzanitsch

Post by jzanitsch »

Regarding sound in Monkey 1, I think depending on the version of Monkey 1 you imported, you might have to assign an Extra Path in the ScummVM Game options to point to the audio files.

I would also like to echo the Trackball Sensitivity!

And thanks for the great port!
jamie52

Post by jamie52 »

Now that the Magic is out it does not have a camera button or any function keys wich can make some games unplayable as u cannot save in all games and for example in monkey island you cannot access the inventory without right click. Is it possible to map the search button and click for right click? and maybe even search button and menu for save?
fdisk

Post by fdisk »

jzanitsch wrote:Regarding sound in Monkey 1, I think depending on the version of Monkey 1 you imported, you might have to assign an Extra Path in the ScummVM Game options to point to the audio files.

I would also like to echo the Trackball Sensitivity!

And thanks for the great port!
Thanks for the tip; I notice that I have Sounds in general, just not music. It really isn't an issue though, as I play listening to MP3s anyway.

I just got one more really annoying error though; when I go to the Pirate Sword Trainer to train me to fight the Swordmaster he bugs out. He says that I have to fight "...THE MACHINE" and the game just stays at that screen with the letters "...THE MACHINE" and the guy's speech animation still going but it just sits there and won't give me the next line or event.

EDIT: "Fixed" it by just speeding up the subtitles to the maximum.
enetzlsg

Post by enetzlsg »

At least, I found you gus! (Suposing thant you're Angus Lees)
First of all, sorry for my English......
I'm really impressed with your work men, it's awesome.
But I've a question for you:
Will you made a new version of your great port for the HTC Magic? This one hasn't the camera button and we -Magic's useres- can't use the combination for the right click! :x Damn!
Waiting your answer, bye!
blunden

Post by blunden »

The port runs great. It would be nice if the Magic was taken into consideration. There are a lot of phones coming up without hardware keyboard so it should be worth doing. :)
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

blunden wrote:The port runs great. It would be nice if the Magic was taken into consideration. There are a lot of phones coming up without hardware keyboard so it should be worth doing. :)
I agree completely :)
I've been working on other stuff lately so haven't had time to work out how to fire up the onscreen keyboard - I expect it's very simple.