Right mouse button (physical mouse)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Aginarikar

Right mouse button (physical mouse)

Post by Aginarikar »

Using a Nvidia Shield TV with a bluetooth mouse.
Sideloaded ScummVM latest stable version 2.2.1d.

Trying games I soon experienced that every mouse click was treated as only left click. Googling this soon displayed many ways of telling me that right click wouldn't work because Android just understand every click as pushing a touchscreen. Documentation about this focus almost exclusively on touchscreens, not connecting a physical mouse, which I find somewhat unusual since that is the way the games were designed.

The GUI showed that the right mouse clicks were indeed understood correctly (but not when actually playing games).

Anyway, when instead using the nightly, everything is working :)
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Right mouse button (physical mouse)

Post by Praetorian »

Aginarikar wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:46 am Using a Nvidia Shield TV with a bluetooth mouse.
Sideloaded ScummVM latest stable version 2.2.1d.

Trying games I soon experienced that every mouse click was treated as only left click. Googling this soon displayed many ways of telling me that right click wouldn't work because Android just understand every click as pushing a touchscreen. Documentation about this focus almost exclusively on touchscreens, not connecting a physical mouse, which I find somewhat unusual since that is the way the games were designed.

The GUI showed that the right mouse clicks were indeed understood correctly (but not when actually playing games).

Anyway, when instead using the nightly, everything is working :)
I'm pretty sure I made some physical mouse related fixes, along with the touch gestures fixes in the development builds so they could be related. It was an obscure issue whereby mouse events were treated as trackball events instead of what they were supposed to be. It's been three months, and I can barely remember any details.

The important thing is that it works for you in the daily! :)