Remapping controls on Android/Retroarch - Lands of lore

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scu_do_mundo

Remapping controls on Android/Retroarch - Lands of lore

Post by scu_do_mundo »

Hi
Ive downloaded retroarch android from the playstore and for some reason it got really really tiny in my android box
i mean the whole user interface, with yellow background and red buttons. Almost impossible to read

So ive switched to the Retroarch core and it worked fine

Except im playing Lands of Lore and the default controls work fine, but it would be great if i could map turn left and right (7 and 9 on the numpad) to L1 and R1 on my bluetooth controller

Retroarch itself doesnt allow may changes. I can only map the controller buttons to a few keyboard keys. Only two of em on the numpad: 5 and 0

is there a way to remapp these actions?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Re: Remapping controls on Android/Retroarch - Lands of lore

Post by digitall »

scu_do_mundo: We can only really offer support for "vanilla" ScummVM since we don't really know what patches Retroarch may have added or changes they made. Best to talk to the Retroarch project about that. It _may_ be possible to use the Keymapper functionality in ScummVM, but again it would depend on how this is hooked up. See:
https://docs.scummvm.org/en/latest/sett ... ymaps.html
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

I can only speak on our own Android port and for that controller support is pretty much the basic stuff and mouse emulation with the joysticks.

Obviously there is much work to be done to extent support and also test and allow remapping of buttons if they don't currently work (and I expect that they probably won't). Especially since soon, when ResidualVM integration with the Android port is done, we may need alternative scheme controls for the games where "tank" movement controls are a think.

Up until very recently, I didn't have a controller on my own to test, other than a very VERY old analogue stick joystick.
I now have a PS5 controller (yay!).

However, I haven't found any time to work on it currently, due to real-life job deadlines. But I do want to work on it, once I get the time.
scu_do_mundo

Post by scu_do_mundo »

digitall wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:26 am scu_do_mundo: We can only really offer support for "vanilla" ScummVM since we don't really know what patches Retroarch may have added or changes they made. Best to talk to the Retroarch project about that. It _may_ be possible to use the Keymapper functionality in ScummVM, but again it would depend on how this is hooked up. See:
https://docs.scummvm.org/en/latest/sett ... ymaps.html
Thank you very much for the reply. I understand you guys doesnt have anything with retroarch development so i was really asking for some kind of workaround really, like this keymapper thing! Thank you very much for the tip! Ill give it a try
Praetorian wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:52 am I can only speak on our own Android port and for that controller support is pretty much the basic stuff and mouse emulation with the joysticks.

Obviously there is much work to be done to extent support and also test and allow remapping of buttons if they don't currently work (and I expect that they probably won't). Especially since soon, when ResidualVM integration with the Android port is done, we may need alternative scheme controls for the games where "tank" movement controls are a think.

Up until very recently, I didn't have a controller on my own to test, other than a very VERY old analogue stick joystick.
I now have a PS5 controller (yay!).

However, I haven't found any time to work on it currently, due to real-life job deadlines. But I do want to work on it, once I get the time.
Thanks for the reply. Congratulations on your ps5! In my country "modern" videogames are completely out of the question because of week currency, so i can honestly say i envy you
I thank you all very much for all the effort put into this project. I understand that features will be implemented as soon as possible
Ill wait for more news in the future. And give this keymapper a try in the meanwhile
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

scu_do_mundo wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 pm Thanks for the reply. Congratulations on your ps5! In my country "modern" videogames are completely out of the question because of week currency, so i can honestly say i envy you
I thank you all very much for all the effort put into this project. I understand that features will be implemented as soon as possible
Ill wait for more news in the future. And give this keymapper a try in the meanwhile
I need to clarify :) that I haven't actually purchased a new PS5.
I did get a PS5 controller (someone shares it with me currently) to experiment with some things.
I also thought PS5 Controller (DualSense) would be communicating with BLE5.0 with the PC --which would help my real-life job and current project -- but that is not the case; apparently it uses Bluetooth Classic BR/EDR, at least for the time being.

It still does connect with my Android smartphone and tablet wirelessly without issues though, which is a first for a wireless controller I own, so that's why I'll be able to do more testing and probably improve support for ScummVM in the future.