Menu resolution in AndroidTV

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

IndyJoserra

Menu resolution in AndroidTV

Post by IndyJoserra »

Hi,

I've installed ScummVM in a 42'' Sony Bravia (KD-43ZH8596, with AndroidTV 9) (currently, the fourth or so device I have installed it...) and play correctly with a keyboard and mouse directly connected with USB wire to Monkey Island, but I have a couple of doubts:

* Is there any way to change the menu resolution? It's hard to find the right stuff becouse characters are really small.

* Is there any ipad/android mouse control that works with ScummVM through Android TV ? I have installed a couple of them but they don't interact with the menu so I guess they won't with the game itself.

Thank you for your grear work.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Menu resolution in AndroidTV

Post by sev »

For the menu resolution, try to play with "Stretch modes". We are working on a more robust solution, though.

Eugene
IndyJoserra

Post by IndyJoserra »

Hi, Eugene, thank you very much for your answer.

Maybe I didn't explain it correctly. About the resolution issue, I meant the Global Main Menu, not the games themselves.

BTW, thank you for your wonderful work with this project.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

IndyJoserra wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:31 pm Hi, Eugene, thank you very much for your answer.

Maybe I didn't explain it correctly. About the resolution issue, I meant the Global Main Menu, not the games themselves.

BTW, thank you for your wonderful work with this project.
That is actually also what sev means. The issue is known (we need to scale more appropriately for ScummVM launcher and GMM) and we are working on it.
Changing the stretch mode may help. It's just a workaround but might not work for all.
Eesmail

Post by Eesmail »

Any updates on this by any chance? I just bought a Sony X900H and I am having the same issue.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Eesmail wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:32 am Any updates on this by any chance? I just bought a Sony X900H and I am having the same issue.
There have been some significant updates in the main development branch, which are now part of the daily development builds. These include sev's work for the GUI resolution and HiDPI support in OpenGL. The issue is considered resolved (in the development builds), but minor tweaks could be upcoming especially if we get more user feedback from people testing it.

ScummVM will set a scaling level automatically but the user can still set it manually from the Options -> Misc tab -> GUI scale dropdown menu. Available options are "Large", "Medium", "Small".

These changes are not in any official stable ScummVM release as of yet, but they will be in the next one (no ETA).

If you choose to test with a daily development build from our buildbot, keep in mind that upgrading between a Play Store build and a development build, and also the other way around, is not supported, so you'd need to uninstall the one to install the other and this will result in losing your ScummVM configuration and possibly Saved Games files if not backed up.
Eesmail

Post by Eesmail »

Thank you very much for the update!