Secret of Monkey Island SEGA CD - can't select any choices (Android)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Abandoned Witch

Secret of Monkey Island SEGA CD - can't select any choices (Android)

Post by Abandoned Witch »

I am having problems with the Sega CD version of Monkey Island 1 running on the Android version of ScummVM, since I can't select any choices other than the first option. It works on other versions but the virtual keyboard doesn't do up or down.
The Sega CD version of Secret of Monkey Island, despite having a pointer, just always hides in the choice selection screen (it uses the d-pad to select choices).
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Secret of Monkey Island SEGA CD - can't select any choices (Android)

Post by Praetorian »

Abandoned Witch wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:35 am I am having problems with the Sega CD version of Monkey Island 1 running on the Android version of ScummVM, since I can't select any choices other than the first option. It works on other versions but the virtual keyboard doesn't do up or down.
The Sega CD version of Secret of Monkey Island, despite having a pointer, just always hides in the choice selection screen (it uses the d-pad to select choices).
Hello, sorry can you clarify: Are you referring to the initial choice of the game for the puzzles difficulty?

Also, do the arrow keys of the virtual keyboard not work at all?

Does the Sega CD version not use mouse to move the cursor?
I don't have access to the Sega CD version of Monkey Island 1. Maybe someone with access from the team could test also?
Abandoned Witch

Re: Secret of Monkey Island SEGA CD - can't select any choices (Android)

Post by Abandoned Witch »

Praetorian wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:54 pm
Abandoned Witch wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:35 am I am having problems with the Sega CD version of Monkey Island 1 running on the Android version of ScummVM, since I can't select any choices other than the first option. It works on other versions but the virtual keyboard doesn't do up or down.
Hello, sorry can you clarify: Are you referring to the initial choice of the game for the puzzles difficulty?

Also, do the arrow keys of the virtual keyboard not work at all?

Does the Sega CD version not use mouse to move the cursor?
I don't have access to the Sega CD version of Monkey Island 1. Maybe someone with access from the team could test also?
1. I was referring to the dialogue choice of the characters (when you talk to the characters in the game and a bunch of dialogue choices comes up).

2. The direction keys did not work on some games including the fighting sections in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

3. There is mouse support in the Sega CD version (I tried the game in a real machine) but the one in ScummVM does not use any mouse functions fully (but only the gamepad functions).