TLJ supported yet?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cai

TLJ supported yet?

Post by cai »

Hi

I installed a daily build and copied over my Longest Journey files, and ScummVM recognises the game but when trying to run it it gives the error "Could not find suitable engine plugin". I can't find anywhere to download the engine plugin so I'm guessing I've just jumped the gun a bit and TLJ isn't actually supported on Android yet?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: TLJ supported yet?

Post by criezy »

I checked the build log and indeed the TLJ engine i.e. not enabled in the Android daily builds:
buildbot wrote:WARNING: Disabling engine The Longest Journey because the following dependencies are unmet: OpenGL with shaders
cai

Post by cai »

Pity. That doesn't sound like a quick fix...
scarmona

Post by scarmona »

criezy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:42 pm I checked the build log and indeed the TLJ engine i.e. not enabled in the Android daily builds:
buildbot wrote:WARNING: Disabling engine The Longest Journey because the following dependencies are unmet: OpenGL with shaders
What about Software rendering?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Following the merger, ResidualVM's android port is (for the moment at least) a separate backend "android3d" in ScummVM's tree.

This is a temporary solution, because we had to prioritize focus and development on resolving final issues for the (prior to merger) port and push that to the Play Store.

I'm assuming that now that that's done, we'll be able to further work on merging the functionality of both ports into one and I think there already is some preliminary work and movement on that.

We just need some more time to do it :)

And people. We are still looking for dedicated Android porter(s)
valen771

Post by valen771 »

so im assuming monkey island 4 isnt supported either then?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

valen771 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:03 pm so im assuming monkey island 4 isnt supported either then?
Not by the Android port, no.

Not yet anyway.
gobod

Post by gobod »

Hi,
I'm trying to run TLJ with the latest 2.3.0 build, but I get this kind of error every time:
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 02.09.36.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-29 at 02.09.36.jpeg (43.39 KiB) Viewed 10078 times
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

gobod wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:12 pm Hi,
I'm trying to run TLJ with the latest 2.3.0 build, but I get this kind of error every time:
Unfortunately, at this time, the Android port still does not (fully) support the engines that come from the merge with ResidualVM, and Stark (The Longest Journey) is one of them.

The work required is not as easy as we anticipated and we still need people to work on the port, as dedicated porters.

We're still looking into this, but as of yet, we don't have an ETA for when it will be ready.
gobod

Post by gobod »

Too bad... the game is running perfectly with Windows latest build. Hope someone could make it work on Android port someday.
CJDJ

Post by CJDJ »

I hope bumping this isn't against the rules. 6 months later, I'm wondering if this has been worked on yet. I would love to get TLJ (and Grim Fandango) working on my device (Note 10+).
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

CJDJ wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:47 am I hope bumping this isn't against the rules. 6 months later, I'm wondering if this has been worked on yet. I would love to get TLJ (and Grim Fandango) working on my device (Note 10+).
There's been significant work on this (mainly by lephilousophe and aquadran), and yes, the current development builds (2.6.0git) do support TLJ, Grim Fandango, Myst III and the rest of the engines from the ResidualVM project merge, at least to the level of being playable.

There's still some issues to resolve before having a new publishable Android app update on the Play Store (these issues do not have to do with the 3d engines support).

But if you test with the development builds we're looking forward to any feedback you may have about the control scheme, any bugs etc.

Note: development builds are not compatible with release builds, meaning that you cannot directly switch or upgrade between the two -- so without a backup you may lose save game files, your ScummVM added games list and ScummVM configuration settings.
scarmona

Post by scarmona »

Wooohooo! Testing now!!