Control Support For GPD XD Plus (For ScummVM 2.2.0 SDL)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

guybrushfan30

Control Support For GPD XD Plus (For ScummVM 2.2.0 SDL)

Post by guybrushfan30 »

Hi, Quick Question, Will They Be Control Support For The GPD XD Plus For The Upcoming ScummVM 2.2.0 SDL
(Google Play Store Version)? Is That Possible? & Also Talk About Going The GPD XD Plus Before.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Control Support For GPD XD Plus (For ScummVM 2.2.0 SDL)

Post by Praetorian »

guybrushfan30 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:35 am Hi, Quick Question, Will They Be Control Support For The GPD XD Plus For The Upcoming ScummVM 2.2.0 SDL
(Google Play Store Version)? Is That Possible? & Also Talk About Going The GPD XD Plus Before.
Sorry, as of yet, there is no specific plan to support this device, if it's not supported by the default Android port that is. Personally, I didn't even know about the existence of this device.

If, after the release of ScummVM Android 2.2.1, you still have issues on this device, I'd suggest opening a ticket on our bug tracker for it, requesting support.
guybrushfan30

Post by guybrushfan30 »

If You Don’t Know What The GPD XD Plus, Praetorian. The GPD XD Plus Is An Android Gaming Handheld Made By The Chinese Electrical Company “GPD”. It Can Be Bought On AliExpress. This Gaming Handheld Can Play Old Games Via Emulation On The Android OS.

Link To The Product: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000311009126.html

NOTE: The Android Version Is Run On Is Android 7
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

guybrushfan30 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:06 pm If You Don’t Know What The GPD XD Plus, Praetorian. The GPD XD Plus Is An Android Gaming Handheld Made By The Chinese Electrical Company “GPD”. It Can Be Bought On AliExpress. This Gaming Handheld Can Play Old Games Via Emulation On The Android OS.

Link To The Product: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000311009126.html

NOTE: The Android Version Is Run On Is Android 7
I understand and thank you for this info.

However, at this point the focus is to bring the Android app back on the Play Store, updated to version 2.2.1.

I lack the resources and the required time to test on this device. Maybe it will work with 2.2.1 anyway?

After 2.2.1 is released, someone from the team or an Android developer who owns this device and can test ScummVM on it, could look into supporting this.