Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

stephan92

Android version 2.2.1 pre version

Post by stephan92 »

Hi
How to get the F1, F2, etc keys?
How to get the ESC key ?
How to going back to the launcher when a game is started ?
Thanks
stephan92

Re: Android version 2.2.1 pre version

Post by stephan92 »

I ve got an answer on my questions : Holding the BACK button allows to going back to the launcher.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

stephan92 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:44 pm Hi
How to get the F1, F2, etc keys?
How to get the ESC key ?
How to going back to the launcher when a game is started ?
Thanks
As you figured out, holding the back button is the "Menu" action, and it will bring up the ScummVM menu in-game. So you can save/load or return to launcher.

You can also use the keymapper from that in-game ScummVM menu.

So usually there is going to be some action in the keymapper that will correspond to the Esc key. I've seen it as "Skip" for some games. You can set the back key (simple press, not long press) to be the key for the Skip action. For me this appears like AC_Back.

I don't think we have a way to get F1, F2 keys and other special keys as of yet. But I'm looking into having a custom keyboard that will include those.
stephan92

Post by stephan92 »

Many thanks for the feedback.
Games like Fascination or Morteville Manor request to press F2, F3 or F8 to start the game .

Another point that I don t understand : I am not able to put any name/description when I save my progression in a game (tried with several games). Whatever I wrote, it s not applied in the games interface. Is it a bug ?

Thanks again
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

stephan92 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:24 pm Many thanks for the feedback.
Games like Fascination or Morteville Manor request to press F2, F3 or F8 to start the game .

Another point that I don t understand : I am not able to put any name/description when I save my progression in a game (tried with several games). Whatever I wrote, it s not applied in the games interface. Is it a bug ?

Thanks again
Yes, I am looking into this one and will hopefully have a solution soon. The bug tracker ticket for it is this one
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/11725

Feel free to add any feedback to it.
I will inform here when this gets fixed.
8BitAirwaves

Post by 8BitAirwaves »

I’ve noticed Ultima 6 doesn’t have a keymaps tab, I’d really like to assign the skip option for the intro and cutscenes but I can’t without the keymaps option.

I haven’t noticed this missing in any other game...

Thanks for any help!
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Praetorian wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:15 am I will inform here when this gets fixed.
The issue with the keyboard not providing direct input to the game should be fixed after recent commits.
8BitAirwaves wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:08 pm I’ve noticed Ultima 6 doesn’t have a keymaps tab, I’d really like to assign the skip option for the intro and cutscenes but I can’t without the keymaps option.

I haven’t noticed this missing in any other game...

Thanks for any help!
This could be an issue specific to Ultima 6 engine / game. I would suggest opening a ticket for it on our bug tracker: https://bugs.scummvm.org/

However, in a recent commit (yesterday) I've included a fix, so that the AC_BACK (Android System menu Back button) is used by default for the "Skip" action, if another key is not explicitly mapped to the action. So this *could potentially* resolve this specific issue for you on the Android port.
If you are testing with developer builds, try the latest one (on the 2.2.1 branch or the 2.3.0 (master) branch.

I'm not familiar with the specifics of the Ultima 6 engines, so there might be still some work needed to be done on that front too; in which case please use the bug tracker to report the issue, as noted above.

Hopefully, we will have an enhanced keyboard soon, that will have an "Esc" button and other such special buttons (Fkeys, Ctrl, Alt, etc) to allow for an experience closer to having an actual keyboard.